The successful candidate will report to Vice President - Business & Partnerships, to be based out of Gurgaon. You shall be responsible to build and manage existing relationships with business partners & manage business P&L. This role requires close coordination with internal & external stakeholders including partners, internal product/tech, finance / legal & compliance teams and drive significant bottom-line growth at the unit level revenue. The objective is to establish a leadership position within the respective category in the industry.
- Build and manage strategic partnerships with potential suppliers across Bus, Train, and Hotel categories.
- Planning and managing business vertical partners to improve profitability & alignment with strategic objectives.
- Ensuring top-notch partner relations by being consistent and initiating proactive meetings and discussions.
- Analytical in approach with the ability to identify & solve new business opportunities, build a business case, presentations, and walk the talk.
- Strong coordination with the product and tech teams for optimal yield management, problem-solving for each partner.
- Apart from new business, the role includes propelling the verticals growth both in top line and bottom line while keeping a strong check on margins and profitability.
- Develop and maintain a balance sheet for each partner for prospecting/targeting system, implement it to provide weekly/monthly pipeline reporting to the management team
- Formulate and implement innovative add-on streams for revenue growth that maximizes the margins opportunities with partners and airlines to rapidly expand the business
- Drive results in a fast-paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision.
- Masters degree in Business Management / Sales & Marketing preferably from a top B- School OR equivalent experience.
- 4-7 years of experience across the e-commerce industry/start-up, prior experience across the online travel industry would be an added advantage.
- Business & account management with excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills should be able to do hard talk, communicate and build relationships with C-level executives in the industry.
- Strong relationship skills with technology bend of mind, should be able to think out of the box, methodical in approach, and primarily a sales and relationship person.
- A genuine passion for sales with high energy level with an understanding of e-commerce business web and mobile
- Proven experience in building a result-oriented sales function within a Start-up environment
- Strong understanding of the Internet / e-commerce space, search engines, online transacting platforms, and related business models
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- The ability to work under pressure, drive and lead towards solving issues along with respective teams and have exceptional time management skills with analytical.