About the company:
Location: -Gurgaon Sec18
Team Strength: 200+ people.
About the company – the fastest-growing AI software product co. @ Gurgaon. They develop mobile applications from scratch for their client. This client of ours has 200+ people team strength in Gurgaon and 80+ people strength in head office England – UK
Job Location: Gurgaon Sec 18
Reporting To: Engineering Lead
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop and extend automated test coverage.
- Optimize test cases on each level to improve stability and performance.
- Develop Automation test strategies; writing test plans, test cases, test tools, executing your plan, and reporting.
- Mentor peers on API and UI Automation and advise on issues.
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements
- Work closely with team members to understand automation requirements and provide a strong automation service
- Provides regular quality reports on test progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with project testing
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies providing the QA perspective and input into every user story and refinement session.
- Takes delivery as primary responsibility and must have a can do attitude in Manual testing if need arises.
- Minimum 5 years in test automation, ideally with a background in software engineering.
- Experience in automating tests at Unit, API, UI, non-UI level and improving testing effectiveness.
- Practical experience with high level programming languages, in particular Ruby or TypeScript JS.
- Experience with executing automation tests on CI/CD.
- Confident creating automation frameworks using a modern language (Ruby, Python or TypeScript JS), writing tests for web applications and RESTful Api services in code.
- A good understanding of testing RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in the end-to-end software development life cycle.
- Experience working in a Linux based environment.
- Experience with good development practices (repository management tools (git), versioning, clean code, package management).
- Collaborative and team oriented individual.
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results.
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly and take corrective actions.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
- Experience with BDD frameworks (Cucumber/Gherkin/Calabash)
- Experience with GitLab CI.
- Experience with Selenium webdriver (Ruby).
- Experience with RSpec.
- Practical experience with Non-Functional testing like Performance and Security tests.
- Good understanding of database technologies.
- Experience working in a Cloud based environment.
- Automation framework maintenance for API and UI
- Automate and maintain Sanity suite across application Web and Mobile
- Effective analysis of failure cases and fixes of scripts
- Automate and maintain Regression suite across applications
- Test Driven Development approach for test automation
- Updated on upcoming releases for In Sprint Automation
- Support, maintain and follow Git flow for Automation