Senior Manager- Forensics, Mumbai
Whether facing acts of fraud, government investigations or regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients turn to EY Forensics for assistance.
Our forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering specialists work with our clients- legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges.
We apply the collective knowledge and insight gleaned from working across industries and geographies to help our clients conduct fraud risk assessments and institute proactive anti-corruption programs. Furthermore, we utilize forensic data analytics that enable corporations to manage risk and regulatory compliance.
The incumbent will lead client engagements related to fraud investigations (for e.g.: asset tracing, money laundering, suspected violation of ethics, regulatory investigations & open-source intelligence), FCPA (Foreign corrupt practices Act) compliance reviews, fraud risk assessment, dispute resolution support including assistance in matters pertaining to financial issues like business interruption, etc.. Strong leadership abilities, inter-personal skills, business development skills and good acumen of client business are essential.
Your key responsibilities
- Client Management - Lead role in execution of client service and to start serving as a Trusted Business Advisor.
- Leads and coordinates the planning and management of assignments, with guidance from the Partner. Managing engagement economics and Operational efficiency. Managing risk and independence issues on client engagements.
- Understand business & industry issues / trends. Identify areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to the problem solving technique. The same can be utilized for research on delivery of solutions.
- Review of working papers and client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
- Networking & Marketing - Generate additional work from existing clients and support in selling new client proposals. Start building networks across the firm - locally & internationally
Chartered Accountant / Certified Internal Auditor / Masters in Business Administration / Certified Fraud Examiner / LLB
To qualify for the role you must have:
- 10+ years of post- qualification experience in Forensic Audits, Internal Audits and allied areas.
- Experience required in chemical industry
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively discharge supervisory responsibilities
- Manage teams - motivate and inspire confidence in junior colleagues
- Provide real-time constructive verbal feedback to team members and facilitate timely completion of Engagement Review Forms
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situation
- Support knowledge sharing efforts and continually improves processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
- Work with HR on Recruitment initiatives - Contributing in meeting people plan for the Group
What working at EY offers :
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. Additionally we offer
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we- ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.