Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy — a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
Our Information Technology (IT) team is Zuora's internal technology organization, responsible for creating technology experiences that connect our teams, drive business alignment and build a stronger, more collaborative work “place.” With a cloud-first approach, we empower our global ZEOs with increased productivity and self-service to enable company growth, scale, and flexibility while hardening our security and compliance posture.
As a member of the IT organization responding to Finance & Procurement operations, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst will act as a business advisor to these teams on how to maximize effectiveness in the technology stack as well as offer solutions to streamline processes and gain efficiency.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will have the opportunity to:
- Work with best-in-class SaaS applications, leading Technology and Software industry trends
- Grow within a business-centric team by becoming the primary point and the liaison between Finance teams and admin/development teams; bridging requirements, solutions, and control delivery for successful impact
- Provide advice to implement technological choices within the architecture increasing business effectiveness and autonomy.
OUR TECH STACK: NetSuite, Coupa Procurement and CoupaPay, Blackline, Zuora Revenue, SAP Concur, Avalara
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Become Within the first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted with Zuora, your team, and cross-functional stakeholders inside and outside of IT. You will begin to build trust with them and understand the nuances of each of their teams and processes.
- You will review and refine your onboarding plan with your manager, clearly defining your objectives together along with the resources/support needed to make you and your team successful.
- You will understand how your work fits into the overall strategy and what is needed from you to positively contribute to that strategy.
- You will begin to familiarize yourself with our tech stack and overall environment, focusing on Procure to Pay (P2P) & Record to Report (R2R) processes and applications.
- You will understand your team’s responsibilities and their current priorities.
- Within the first 90 days:
- You will continue building on all of the above.
- You will create a plan for how you will contribute to our overall strategy and success.
- You will actively gain a strong understanding of your applications, product backlog, current bugs and pain points. You will use that understanding to define and refine a roadmap for new features and functionality.
- You will become the primary point of contact and liaison between business teams and development teams. You will be regularly communicating with your stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- You will start driving improvements to our systems:
- Lead business requirements gathering processes for system enhancements
- Analyze requirements; perform fit-gap analysis
- Understand and influence business process gaps via problem framing and applications solutioning
- Produce user stories, acceptance criteria, functional designs, specifications, prototypes, and proofs-of-concept for new and enhanced functionality
- Conduct Solution Reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution aligned with business requirements
- Advise on potential positive and negative implications of decisions
- You will troubleshoot and identify root causes for application issues; serve as tier 2-3 application support; Own and foster collaboration with System Administrators to resolve application defects and assemble IT teams to identify and lead system improvement opportunities to better serve business processes
- By 6-9 months:
- You will continue building on all of the above.
- You will fully support Procurement, AP, and Finance teams for key month-end processes.
- You will have an in-depth understanding of your P2P and R2R Applications domain.
- You will have successfully completed several projects/sprints that deliver measurable business value.
- You have established yourself as a trusted advisor among your stakeholders. You have built strong relationships that you leverage to enable mutual success.
- You are actively evolving our systems and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining an understanding of how current processes impact business operations; mapping current state against future state processes; identifying value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies; defining the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components; providing recommendations to management on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes
- You stay abreast of new product enhancements and regularly adopt the relevant features in our instances.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance, IT, or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience within a global Finance, Accounting, or Procurement SaaS environment
- Project experience using SaaS applications, included but not limited to NetSuite, Coupa, and Zuora Revenue
- Hands-on experience with configuring system and troubleshooting issues
- Experience with multiple software delivery lifecycle methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile (JIRA experience preferred)
- Experience performing detailed gap analysis, and preparing as-is & to-be process documentation
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Experience leading distributed teams to design architecture and requirements for and oversee development of packaged and integrated solutions
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple functional/technical teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Self-directed and proactive with ability to multi-task and take ownership of work
- Understanding of Accounting Close Process
- Some experience supervising and/or mentoring is desirable
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to ** Redacted **.