Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Correspondent Banking Operations Lead. Manages small to medium unit of nonexempt and/or exempt staff supporting international businesses, products, and systems, typically through other managers, supervisors, or work directors. Works independently with considerable latitude, managing various production initiatives and projects requiring coordination of resources, budgets and deadlines. Ensures adherence to all U.S. and foreign regulatory compliance procedures. Participates in review, recommendation and implementations of units' global operational systems and processes. Accountable for business unit financial performance.
Provides strategic direction & manages the daily operation of Correspondent Banking team; and acts as backup for Department Manager.
Liaises and develops a strong connection with other Correspondent Banking Ops and Representative Offices to provide timely response to local and offshore customers. Accountable for successful implementation of new Operating / Control policies, and ensure full compliance with the Bank's policies, legal and regulatory requirement. Safeguards the Bank free from Operating risks and review the Control check-point at each processing workflow.
Supports training, performance evaluation, coaching, succession planning and development for TMs. Streamlines daily processing workflow, revises and updates the procedure manuals. Prepares MIS reports accurately on a timely basis and lead any projects as required.
Sound knowledge of multiple inquiry types such as: Unable to Apply, Debit Authorization, Amendment & Cancellation, and Return of funds/payments
- Bachelor's degree or above, preferable in banking, accounting & finance or other related discipline
- 10-12 years people management experience in banking operations for Commercial and/or CIB segment
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Proven management skills with ability to analyze issues or customer complaints and provide solution in a tactful manner
- Able to work independently and provide support on flexible hours/working days
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Well organized, proactive, constructive and strong capability in motivating teamwork within the department and with other working partners
- Transition/Process migration experience in a shared service environment
- Defining and Implementing strategies
- Ability to drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong stakeholder management
- Able to perform shift work (incl. Night Shifts) and report on public holidays if fall on Mondays to Fridays
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 67640