Are you a talented Research Analyst with exceptional focus on data research and analysis? Do you have senior-level work experience (5 years or more) proven with international customers? Do you have excellent English communication skills (oral and writing) and are you advanced/expert in the use of web browsers and the internet? If thats you, join us - were looking for you!
About the role:
- This is an independent contractor role, not an employee role, with immediate start.
- The role offers part-time contractual work with a varied commitment of 5-20 hours per week. This is not a full-time employment opportunity.
- This is a fully remote position, there is no office to commute to and there never will be (regardless of the COVID-19 situation). Candidates can work from home or from anywhere they like.
- This role requires self-starter candidates who are flexible and can adapt to work with an international team in different time zones.
This is a blended position that requires both strong administrative and analytical acumen:
- Researching and analysing data online via primary research (desk research).
- Presenting data and information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Extracting data and information from third-party software and creating spreadsheets.
- Writing executive summaries and creating simple reports based on large amounts of comprehensive data.
- Ranking, prioritising and filtering data.
- Preparing and conducting surveys and interviews with customers.
- Completing form submissions online.
The responsibilities may vary on a weekly basis, including but not limited to:
- Research and review industry websites, blog articles, social media posts, market trends, industry reports and other online resources.
- Extract data and collate data in spreadsheet format to build lists.
- Rank and prioritize data in spreadsheets.
- Prepare and write comprehensive reports and documents based on data findings.
- Present data on presentation slides.
- Manage various lists (contacts, customer data, etc.).
- Prepare and conduct surveys and interviews with stakeholders.
- Complete form submissions online.
- Collaborate with team members, and provide support and task management in our project management platform.
- Attend audio and video conference calls and participate in team chat.
- Advanced/expert user of the internet with excellent all-round knowledge of search engines and social media. Comfortable with using different web browsers (ie. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and social media platforms (ie. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) both on the computer and on mobile phone. Proficiency in using the internet to research and find data fast with high efficiency is critical.
- Advanced/expert user of laptop and mobile devices, and mobile and web applications with excellent all-round knowledge of various SaaS business tools and applications.
- Proficient with deep experience in using Microsoft / Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive), Google Suite (Mail, Calendar, Chat, Meet, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Proficiency in Google Sheets is critical.
- Intermediate presentation skills (PowerPoint and/or Keynote and/or Google Slides) are necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in working with project management platforms (ie. Basecamp, Asana, Trello or Teamwork), team communications tools (ie. Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, Calendly, WhatsApp and Slack), website analytics (ie. Google Analytics), social media management and analytics (ie. Buffer, Social Sprout or TidalWave), CMS (ie. WordPress and SquareSpace), CRM (ie. HubSpot) and ESP (ie. MailChimp, Constant Contact).
- Ownership of personal computer or laptop (Windows or Mac) with internal microphone, headset, webcam, fast internet connection (WiFi/broadband, at least 30Mbps download and 15Mpbs upload speed).
- Ownership of a smart mobile phone with 4G mobile internet connection and a good signal (ownership of a tablet is a plus but not a requirement).
- Previous work experience of at least 5 years as Research Analyst, Market Researcher, Virtual Assistant or Business Analyst.
- Excellent research skills, fast browsing skills and data management and analytical skills.
- Experience in working with C-suite (C-level executives/executive management) and senior team members.
- Proven track records of participating in successful projects at small and medium-sized companies or large enterprises across various industries.
- International/global work experience, in US/overseas, in Europe and/or in the APAC region.
- Above average communication skills, and fluent written and spoken English are mandatory requirements.
- Comfortable with email and chat communication, phone calls and video conferences as they happen often.
- Personal traits Extremely attentive to details, highly organised, self-disciplined, solution-driven and efficient. Excellent communicator, able to work independently and under pressure, quality-focused and accurate, flexible and entrusted. Open-minded and flexible.
- Analytical skills, a high attention to detail and a highly organised acumen are essential for this role. Please dont apply if you dont have these!
- Technology savvy who follows the latest trends in technology and a keen user of various gadgets, websites and applications.