We help people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week more than 260+ million customers and members visit our 11600+ stores under 69 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With last fiscal year revenues of approximately $524 billion and 2.2 million employees worldwide, Walmart is simply the largest retail business in the world. And, we also happen to be number one in Fortune 500 list.
The India Development Center is a product & innovation hub for Walmart, with a diverse workforce spread across Bangalore, Chennai and Gurgaon. Our teams collaborate across the global to build and deploy solutions that enhance our customer experience, improve the lives of our associates and build value for our business.
Our Team - Information Security, Governance, Risk, and Compliance
At Walmart, we believe it’s important that we continue to innovate while safeguarding our data. This team ensures that Walmart continues to provide a secure operating environment and maintain the trust of our customers, associates, and stakeholders. They aggregate a range of services and capabilities to prevent fraud, detect threats, and manage digital risk and access. Besides mitigating attack risks and securing cloud transformation, they also inculcate safe and reliable working ethics in our associates
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love owning new responsibilities and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with entrepreneurial passion and desire to work in a fast -paced, results- driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You have a passion to mentor and drive technical associates to deliver quality products in an agile environment. You have a flair to setup new process and bring in an innovative mindset to drive the team.
- Drive design, development, implementation and documentation
- Build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting associates of Walmart worldwide.
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products.
- Drive the success of the implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery). Within the established architectural guidelines.
- Work with senior leadership to chart out the future roadmap of the products
- Participate in hiring and build teams enabling them to be high performing agile teams.
- Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams both within India and across the globe.
- B.Tech. / B.E. / M.Tech. / M.S. in Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in design and development of highly -scalable applications and platform development in product based companies or R&D divisions.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns.
- Extensive hands-on experience building services using these technologies (Java, Springboot, Microservices )
- In depth knowledge of React JS
- Agile methodologies and DevOps
- CI/CD development environments/tools: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef.
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership for development and design of least one cloud based project.
- Working knowledge of SQL /No-SQL and database technologies (MySQL, Mango DB, )
- Well versed in TDD,BDD methodologies and the enabling tools and technologies ( JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, CI/CD .Karate etc.
- Strong hands on development skills to prototype technical solutions.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Proficient in new
- and emerging technologies.
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short term implications of design
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- Practitioner of Agile (Scrum) methodology