Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Code, Design, Develop, Document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Come up with Coding and Design best practices
- Write Unit Tests covering known use cases using appropriate tools
- Integrate test frameworks in development process
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions using Big Data & Java/Python etc.
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Work with operations to get the solutions deployed
- Take ownership of production deployment of code
- Collaborating with and/or lead cross functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
- Create technical documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Adapting fast to new application knowledge and changes
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or Information Systems or related field
- 5-8 years of experience in data technologies and applications development
- 5-8 years of experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Kafka , Hive, Pig scripts, Dseries, Control-M, Tuber
- Agile development experience
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Language - Java/ Python
- Strong algorithms and data structures
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and UNIX/LINUX
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (DB2)
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Comfortable learning new technologies quickly
- Experience leading a small team good to have
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.