This role reports to the Country Controller to maintain activities and processes that allow the Business to run effectively and efficiently by focusing on:
- Manage accounts payable and employee reimbursement processing for India & South Asia employees including vendor risk assessment reviews and employee reimbursement post-reviews, guide employees to comply with / administer T&E policies and procedures relating to foreign remittances etc. Ensure timely redressal of policy clarification and queries raised by employees and reviewers.
- Hands on tax compliance experience and understanding of WHT applicability for the various type of payment from India/overseas entities, GST exemption / refund process and corporate tax assessment processes.
- Support monthly / quarter close, prepare and analyze accounting entries, reports, and schedules, account reconciliations to assure the integrity of the financial database, accuracy of processed transactions and to support management reporting.
- Supporting the business with their respective business opportunities in providing commercial advice and of relevant policies and procedures.
- Implementing a continuously improving controls and process framework that complies with Visa policy and procedures.
- Develop remediation plans to address identified issues impacting the controls and processes environment.
- Perform AP responsibilities while considering the relevant APAC country business environment
- Ensure processing/payment of invoices are following established key controls
- Provide strong customer service and support and demonstrate initiative in preventing invoice and expense issues
- Ensure AP and T&E transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable)
- Work closely with APAC Controllership team as well as other Finance team members to assess requirements for change in processes and procedures. Initiate and propose procedural changes to enhance data quality and process flows
- Ensure Withholding Tax and GST/VAT are properly accounted for and coded correctly, Record Indirect Taxes Appropriately
- Perform tasks to set up for payment runs, including cash forecasting, close coordination with the Treasury department to adequately fund corporate bank accounts, input and review of all payment batches, and reconciliation to bank statements to ensure payments processed successfully
- Liaise with business owners and the Tax department on treatment of withholding taxes
- Partner with Sourcing Organization to ensure proper distribution of Purchase orders, and partner with business units to ensure invoices are properly received
- Lead timely research and resolution of invoice and payment issues with internal employees and external vendors
- Operate with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us