If you are interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating ambitious and inclusive workplaces, then be a part of a high growth startup with a world class team, building a revolutionary product!
Our client is a vertical fintech play focused on solving industry-specific financing gaps in the food sector through the application of data. The platform provides skin-in-the-game growth capital to much-loved F&B brands. Founded in 2019, they're VC funded and based out of Singapore and India-Bangalore.
Founders are the alumnus of IIT-D, IIM-B and Wharton. They have 12+ years of experience as Venture capital and corporate entrepreneurship at DFJ, Vertex, InMobi, VP at Snyder UAE, investment banking at Unitus Capital - leading the financial services practice, and institutional equities at Kotak. They've a team of high-quality professionals coming together for this mission to disrupt the convention.
As a Data Analyst - Underwriting & Risk, you will be developing a first of its kind risk engine for revenue-based financing in India and automating investment appraisals for the company's different revenue-based financing products
What you will do:
- Identifying alternate data sources beyond financial statements and implementing them as a part of assessment criteria.
- Automating appraisal mechanisms for all newly launched products and revisiting the same for an existing product.
- Back-testing investment appraisal models at regular intervals to improve the same.
- Complementing appraisals with portfolio data analysis and portfolio monitoring at regular intervals.
- Working closely with the business and the technology team to ensure the portfolio is performing as per internal benchmarks and that relevant checks are put in place at various stages of the investment lifecycle.
- Identifying relevant sub-sector criteria to score and rating investment opportunities internally.
What you need to have:
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience of at least 3 years with CA/MBA (mandatory).
- Experience in working in lending/investing fintech (mandatory).
- Strong Excel skills (mandatory).
- Previous experience in credit rating or credit scoring or investment analysis (preferred).
- Prior exposure to working on data-led models on payment gateways or accounting systems (preferred).
- Proficiency in data analysis (preferred)
- Good verbal and written skills.