VP/Head/Senior Manager/ Manager- Engineering
Head- EngineeringAbout us:
- University Living is a global student housing marketplace that helps international students find the best place to stay near university campuses around the world. Currently, our platform offers 1.75Mn beds in 35K properties across 265+ international education hubs in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore & UAE.
- Students can consult a 24/7 support team of accommodation experts to discover, compare and book value-for-money accommodation based on their budget, desired location, and other personal preferences.Work Experience :
- 9+ Years of experience in software delivery, preferably with product companies in the B2C domain.
- Strong technical background including Tech Architecture, Frontend, Backend, database (ETL), business intelligence, Data Science, Automation and Public Cloud.
- Should have handled Agile Processes / Approach and Tools.
- Hands-on experience in managing data using SQL, NoSQL, Python
- Proficiency in SQL and analytics/reporting/data visualization tools
- Strong Hands-on Experience of REST APIs and micro services architectures.
- Full stack hands-on experience - Web Front-end (JS, React/Next.js/React Native), Backend (Node.js / Python) and Cloud/DevOps (AWS or GCP).
- Proficiency & Hands-on experience in various machine learning-based personalization/recommendation engines.
- Proficiency in automating repetitive processes using Python and open-source tools.
- Experience working with a high-growth startup, should have handled things from scratch.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Good people management skills to grow and nurture a high-performing team (People management experience a must)
- Should carry the knack of product development and keenness in understanding the customer & business needs.Key Responsibilities :
- Lead and grow a team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Quality Analysts, & Engineering Leaders or Managers
- Collaborate with peers in the product, sales, presales, and customer success to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Manage the complete portfolio for product delivery, supervise and lead customer engineering managers, engineers, scientists, and quality analysts
- Supervise and coordinate design, build, production, operations, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Implement and tracks project implementation timelines
- Manage, negotiate and resolve implementation risks effectively
- Leader and team player; setting an example for customer engineering managers, leading data analysts, and others to follow
- Effectively Collaborate with other Functional teams.
- Create an open, transparent, accountable, and collaborative team environmentQualifications :
B. Tech / B.E. in Computer Science/ITSoft Skills :
- Entrepreneurial mindset (Sense of Purpose, Self-Drive, Decisiveness, Ownership)
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Learning Mindset (Collaboration, Empowerment, Experimentation, Openness to feedback)
- Care for People (Empathy, Humbleness, Transparency)
- Result focus, high octane drive
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong work ethic and never-say-die attitudeFound this job inappropriate? Report to us