Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
4C Medical Group, Part of OptumCare, is a primary care driven integrated healthcare delivery network that provides quality care to patients in a variety of settings. We strive to achieve our mission of helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone by hiring culturally aligned individuals to add to our family. Our core values of Communication, Compassion, Competence, and Camaraderie provide a foundation for our growth and for our vision. Together with OptumCare, we are looking for motivated individuals ready to join a dynamic team to help us build the premier physician-driven and patient-centric healthcare organization in Arizona.
This role will promote collaboration with internal and external team members. Works cooperatively with primary care team(s) and support staff to provide direct patient care. Supports the overall vision of patient centered medical care by achieving a positive balance of healthcare, cost outcomes and patient satisfaction on specific teams. Accountable for the patient experience through the system. Ensures appropriate standards of care are implemented and in compliance with all state and federal regulations, standards of practice, corporate policies and procedures. May work with front office to ensure smooth patient flow, waiting room management, and adherence to 4C Medical Group Policy and Procedures.
- Foster a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization
- Provide direct patient care with exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
- Duties included but not limited to rooming patients, screening patients; visit closure, patient ancillary visits (EKG, DPN, BMD, Ear Lavage, blood pressure check); patient education; shared medical appointments; follow up in the office or by telephone with patients for medical management of health condition
- Assist with the coordination of patient care under the guidance of the primary care provider (lab testing, urgent or emergent referral, patient centered form completion), act as liaison in person or by telephone for health plan, case management activities, home health and disease management within scope of practice
- Responsible for documentation of patient care in electronic medical record, including but not limited to, office visit, vital signs, medication refills/updates, treatments, ancillary visits, patient communication (phone conversations, letters), referrals (new/updates/renewals), medication prior-authorizations, and patient tasking
- Meet and follow audit and regulatory compliance, assist in the capture of data related to department, quality measures, policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and/or standards of care. (i.e. Facility Quality Assurance (lab, medication), Huddle, Standard Work, Monthly Audits, Visit Closure Audits, Quarterly Back Office Audits)
- Maintain, facilitate and promote primary care department protocols, processes, policies and standards to include but not limited to the following: Standard Rooming, Exam rooms, Daily Huddles, New and Existing patient management, Medication Refills, Pathology Specimens, Radiology Procedures, and other Specialty specific protocols as signed by department head or designee.
- Subject matter expert to include but not limited to Caretracker EMR, Automated Referrals, Touchworks, and IDX
- Compliance with customer services standards, billing functions to include patient check in/out process, cash handling, scheduling and entering appointments, demographics, empanelment and insurance information in EMR
- Other duties as assigned (New Hire Training, mentoring co-workers)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant school or 3+ years of experience in the military as a Medical Assistant or equivalent
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required or must be able to complete certification within 30 days of hire
- Demonstrated good communication skills, excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills, window based applications, organization skills
- 1+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, healthcare, Glendale, AZ, ArizonaFound this job inappropriate? Report to us