Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. It is time to take your career to the next level. In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. At OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of business, you will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, health care providers and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00am-8:00pm.
- Performs patient intake process (vital signs, history)
- Performs clinical procedures (injections, ear lavage)
- Assists the providers with invasive procedures and minor surgeries
- Maintains clinical logs (autoclave, temperature logs)
- Submits electronic referrals for additional services
- Enrolls / responds to electronic patient messages in the patient portal program
- Processes medication refills per protocol
- Makes / takes patient calls
- Schedule appointments when required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or willing to obtain within 30 days
- Microsoft Office and typing proficiency
Careers with Optum.
- Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Experience working in Family Practice and / or Urgent Care practice working with adults and children
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- EMR experience
- Experience in working with HMO, PPO, Medicare
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, MA, CMA, BLS, Front Office, Back Office, EMR, Medical Office, HMO, PPO, Optum, Downey, Norwalk, Pico Rivera, Southern California, CA, CaliforniaFound this job inappropriate? Report to us