Experience- 8 - 14 years of experience
Skills Required- Java, NodeJS (Node.js), MySQL, SQL, SaaS, Go Programming (Golang), Distributed Systems
Ula is reimagining how retail in emerging markets should work in the smartphone era. We’ve witnessed the rise of B2C e-commerce over the last decade in both India and Indonesia. But the small retailer, the heart and soul of retail, has been left largely underserved by e-commerce even though they’re spending hours every day on their smartphones. Ula provides a simple front-end app, powered by sophisticated back-end systems that determine everything from pricing to inventory to intelligent salesforce route planning. We are building many first of their kind technologies in the world and need your help in building the right systems.
Ula is an under-the-radar, early-stage technology start-up headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Bangalore and Jakarta though we are quite flexible in terms of where our colleagues choose to work from. We are funded by Tier-1 Venture Capital — Sequoia Capital India, Lightspeed India, Quona Capital and B-Capital Group. It is also backed by prominent industry angels such as the founders of Udaan, Rahul Mehta of DST Capital and other established Indonesian angels.
We are a culturally diverse company with 38% women and 7 nationalities. We believe that the best minds are required to solve tough problems irrespective of where they come from.
For more details, see https://landing.ula.app/en/
- Work directly with Product and UX functions to craft innovative solutions to solve real customer pain points
- Work with Engineering and DevOps functions to identify and address system reliability, availability and scalability issues before they occur
- Work with leaders across the organization to evangelize opportunities to bring technical solutions
- Awareness of up-and-coming technologies and how they apply to our platform
- Continuously champion high quality software engineering practices - from planning, implementation, test automation, documentation, code reviews, scaling, performance, metrics, logging, and monitoring - essentially the entire software development lifecycle
- Understand business requirements and translate them into incremental deliverables to directly impact the business and our customers.
- Grow yourself and your team - mentorship enables everyone to learn and improve
- You are passionate about solving customer problems
- Have 8+ years of software development experience in the software engineering team with a product company.
- Must have architected, implemented and owned at least 3 large core e-commerce components.
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases (non-relational databases is a plus)
- Familiarity with agile software development processes for building distributed systems, Android applications, and/or e-commerce platforms
- Experience in building systems iteratively that always provide value to customers on each iteration.
- Self-driven to tackle challenges head-on and achieve goals
- Excel at working in dynamic, and fast-paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Curiosity and capacity to learn and ability to switch context.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Along with backend, worked in Mobile and frontend technologies as well.
- Excellent coding skills in a language such as Java OR NodeJS
- Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL & with non-relational databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience in working with distributed caching (memcached, Redis, or comparable technology).
- Experience with agile software development processes for building highly available and scalable distributed systems and/or e-commerce platforms.
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to meet technical and business challenges
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Good experience of AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Lambda, API Gateway, ECR, ECS etc.