Description & Qualifications
The engineer will be primarily responsible for developing Integration Applications on an Integration Platform following CQRS patterns to support our product offerings along with other services and deployment code written in many languages. The engineer should have knowledge of the HCM/WFM product and some knowledge of related tools (MuleSoft) which will assist in creating these customized solutions.
The successful candidate will utilize the defined development process to meet the established project milestones and targeted completion dates. They will work closely with the UKG Services and Product team to complete tasks assigned to them.
Other responsibilities will include the following customer related tasks:
- Collaborate with members of the team to solve challenging engineering tasks on time and with high quality.
- Engage in code reviews and collaboration with onshore team members.
- Support continuous deployment pipeline code.
- Create and integrate features for our enterprise software solution using the latest Java, Java Spring, Mulesoft and Mongo technologies.
- Update and/or Write web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using Java, Java Spring, Mulesoft and Mongo technologies.
- Actively communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the engineering team.
- Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development, including test driven development, automated unit testing and test fixtures, and pair programming
- Actively participate in daily code reviews with talented software engineers and architects.
- 3 or more years’ experience as a key developer on enterprise projects
- Software development experience including OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, RESTful service implementation, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing.
- Experience creating tools to automate the deployment of an enterprise software solution to the cloud
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation
- Multi-tier application design and development
- Multi-threaded design and development
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Customer-focused, positive and professional attitude.
- Organized, detail oriented, accurate and responsive
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Team player: collaborative, seeks input, accepts and incorporates feedback from others, and freely offers assistance
- Strong analysis, change control, task management and time management skills
- Able to set and manage expectations
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Mulesoft Anypoint Studio
- MUnit (Mule Unit Tests)
- Event Sourcing
- Event Oriented Architectures
- Distributed Systems and Concurrency Programming
Good To Have
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.