Working at Trail Appliances means joining an entrepreneurial-minded, driven team dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience. Trail Appliances is the leading independent appliance retailer in Western Canada. We’re a fast-growing company with over 500 employees in British Columbia, spread out over 11 showrooms, a Clearance Centre, and offices in Richmond and Annacis Island. Join our team of trailblazers!
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, the Delivery Manager is responsible for leading the Delivery Team to deliver appliances directly to customers’ homes in a safe, timely and efficient fashion, while maintaining Trail’s exceptional customer service standards and commitment to excellence.
The Delivery Manager must be able to inspire and motivate a team to achieve established goals in a high-performance culture focused on creating an exceptional customer experience. The role is accountable for continually building and maintaining an efficient “best in class” delivery team. The Delivery Manager will foster a collaborative environment and ensure that key performance indicators and customer service standards are achieved while continuously looking to improve operational efficiencies.
As the Delivery Manager, you will...
- Cultivate and sustain a positive culture, quality performance, safe environment, and a positive, professional driver experience
- Conduct weekly performance meetings to develop and ensure adherence to action plans that meet business objectives
- Analyze and assess all aspects of the delivery team and the delivery department to ensure the delivery of goods is safe, timely, and efficient
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption of new initiatives while minimizing resistance
- Drive continuous cost and process improvement programs while maintaining positive working relationships with the business
- Deal with asset management including truck leases, handling damages and maintenance
- Monitor staffing levels and determine scheduling through optimization of delivery route assignment
- Coordinate and participate in all recruitment activities for the delivery team
- Actively participate in the continued development of Trail’s delivery training program
- Manage escalated customer issues related to delivery, ensuring timely communication and resolution
- Manage all aspects related to dispatch, including oversight of the dispatch team
- Ensure that safety is always a top priority in all aspects of delivery, providing appropriate training to support this
- Manage and improve / mitigate customer damage claims with a clear focus on reducing the frequency of damages
The education we need…
- A post-secondary graduate
- Logistics, transportation and Distribution Certification is an asset
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, Access, Outlook, and routing and mapping software
The experience we need…
- 5+ years distribution, logistics or customer service including last mile and in-home delivery
- Possessing a minimum of three to five years in delivery management
- Previous Warehouse Operations experience would be an asset
- A proven success record of effectively managing and developing supervisors and front-line staff
- High degree of financial acumen, including previous P&L and budgeting experience
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong decision making skills as well as highly developed analytical skills, sound judgement and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently, possessing a high degree of initiative, energy, common sense, and logical thinking.
- High degree of familiarity with the geography of the areas serviced
We hope you are passionate about…
- Actively facilitating change management within the delivery department
- Coaching and developing the delivery team to achieve goals and offer outstanding customer service
- Encouraging and promoting continuous performance improvement with a customer-centric approach
- Working with others to achieve individual and shared team goals
- Working with a sense of urgency and ability to deal with ambiguity in the moment
- Taking initiative to make improvements and communicate change
- Primarily Office and Warehouse environment; however, some field visits will be required
- Local travel only
We inspire possibilities, make shopping ridiculously easy, and help create special moments at home. Are you ready to meet your team?
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us