About the Position:
We are looking for a seasoned sales professional with a proven track record to join us as Associate Vice President - Business Development for US East Markets
You will be responsible for building & managing a high performing sales team which will directly report to you.
This is a front end sales role. You will be directly responsible for driving end-to-end sales of our SaaS product from prospecting to closure. You will be expected to sell to a diverse set of clients like Venture Capital funds, Fortune 1000 corporates, Investment Banks, Accelerators,etc.
- You will work closely with your team and reach out to prospects remotely, over calls, emails and video conferences. Please note the role does not involve travelling to client locations.
- As you will be dealing with US East clients, the timings for this position are 3 pm to 12 am
Develop a 360 understanding of Tracxn's product, customer categories and competitors:
- Understand the different categories of customers we cater to. Understand how companies / investment funds in these categories are driving innovation and taking investment decisions.
- Understand how Tracxn creates value for these companies.
- Understand how they use Tracxn's platform
Understand and implement the Sales Playbook:
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Sales Playbook used by the team.
- This includes whom to reach out to, the sales pitch and the mailers among other things.
- Escalate if anything is missing/not working out and needs to be updated in the sales playbook.
Sales playbook includes following:
- Allocate accounts to your team members. Prioritise customers.
- Ensure inbound leads are serviced in a timely fashion. Customize the sales pitch according to the prospects and the situation
- Train and help the team members in generating demos via outbound - sending cold emails to the relevant contacts in the accounts assigned to them.
Manage Sales Operations:
- Review the work done by the team, including new reach-outs done, follow-ups made, demos given, sales pipeline created.
- Provide constructive feedback and improvement areas on the approach, quality and throughput of the work done.
- Take feedback from top management on decisions taken.
Build and Manage your team:
- Identify training needs of your team members and train them to reach their peak potential.
- Responsible for performance management within the team including appraisals, monthly ratings, discipline, etc
Own the sales funnel:
- Take responsibility for closures for your territory. Completely own a territory and take responsibility for closures.
- Closely monitor the sales funnel of your team - sales pipeline, leads reached out to, demos set up, post demo follow-ups, and closures
Here is what we are looking for:
- 8+ years of work experience in Enterprise / Institutional Sales (experience in cross-border remote sales/ Inside Sales/ Concept selling is a plus)
- At least 3 years in sales closures
- Prior team handling experience is preferred
- Should be work from home ready till the pandemic subsides
What can you expect at Tracxn?
- Meritocracy Driven, Candid Culture. No Politics.
- Like Minded Intellectually Curious Colleagues.
- High Paced Learning. Continuous Mentorship to help Achieve Peak Potential
- Learn to Manage Multi-Tier Reporting
Neha Singh (ex-Sequoia, BCG | MBA - Stanford GSB)
Abhishek Goyal (ex-Accel Partners, Amazon | BTech - IIT Kanpur)
- Tracxn (www.tracxn.com) is a Bangalore based product company providing a research and deal sourcing platform for Venture Capital, Private Equity, Corp Dev and professionals working around the startup ecosystem.
- We are a team of 600+ working professionals serving customers across the globe. Our clients include Funds like Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, GGV Capital and Large Corporates such as Citi, Embraer & Ferrero.