Job Title: Area Sales Manager- Consumables, Kolkata
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Team: Laboratory Solutions India (LSI)
Laboratory Consumables category includes sample preparation and storage, liquid handling, and specialty plastics and services.
Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
Role & Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Sales Forecasts for Chandigarh region
Implementation of Sales Plans for the territory/area and achieve the sales revenue target
Adherence to the Quarterly Rolling Sales Plan as communicated by the reporting manager
Drive New business development as per agreed plan to help meet organic growth
Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to develop incremental business in existing accounts and conduct cold calls to develop new accounts.
Works closely with Customer Service /Product team/ Supply chain Team to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
(B) Account Receivables / Collections:
- Achieving the collection targets for the territory/area
Follow up on EMD, Security deposits
Achievement of targets as per the Collection Plans every month
(C) Credit Control Policies:
- Adherence and implementation of Credit Control Policies
(D) No Claim Certificate (NCC):
- Obtain the No Claim Certificate from all the Distributors and Rep quarterly and ensure that the reconciliation is done half yearly
(E) Submission of Reports:
- Submission of all prescribed reports (Daily Sales Report, Monthly and Quarterly MIS, etc)
Work extensively with SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage customer account base and Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software (Salesforce).
(G) Market Intelligence Report (MIR):
- Preparation of the Market Intelligence Report based on product performance, feedback on quality and submission to the reporting manager
(H) Market Expansion / New Markets:
- Identification of new Key Accounts, Distributors/Channel partners and Direct trade opportunities.
Organize regular reviews with Channel Partners and respective team of assigned area.
Awareness regarding competitor’s activities in the market and information in terms of pricing, schemes, systems/procedures etc
Follow up with Marketing team for organizing customer activities (offline and online), live demos etc. as per business requirements in the territory/area
(I) Distribution / Channel Management:
- Handle the responsibility for Distributor Management and Direct selling including the accounts reconciliation. Compliance to the Credit Control Policies of the Company. Maintenance of a professional rapport and no commitments/communication on business issues to be done verbally. All communication to have a written approval from the Commercial Leader
Establishment of an effective rapport with the Accounts team. Updation of the Distributor/Key accounts/Dealer accounts on an ongoing basis and compliance to all accounting policies
(J) Marketing and Advertising:
- Follow the marketing and advertising strategies proposed by Marketing Head / . Planning in advance the schemes, which suit the local market, region, market segment
(K) Other Operational Responsibilities:
- Establishing a working rapport with the service counterparts and ensuring proper after sales service in your territory/area
Adherence to the company norms with regards to expenses guidelines by the Company.
Adherence to company norms with regards to financial commitments to the trade
Education / Qualification:
- Bachelor Degree in Science or equivalent, MSc or PhD is advantageous
MBA in Marketing, Digital Marketing, General Management will be an added advantage
- Track record of achievement in Sales, Marketing and Business Development roles
At least 2- 5 years in managing Capex/Opex products for Pharma/Biopharma/Diagnostic/Life Sciences/Analytical applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate resources and work with cross-functional teams.
Ability to plan and execute activities with minimal direct supervision.
Must provide detailed and timely reporting.
Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Detail-orientation, analytical approach, strong prioritization skills and quick decision making ability.
Must have highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
Must be proficient with MS office programs.
Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
Ability to travel without limitation.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.
In-depth knowledge of the life sciences / analytical industry. Knowledge of laboratory Consumable business would be a distinct advantage
Experience in key account management