Overall Purpose of the Role:
This is a high impact leadership role in the Consumer Products team in India. The Consumer Products business in India is now 10+ years old- and has been growing exponentially since its launch. Fashion and key Direct to Retail partnerships have spearheaded this growth and given the market landscape and the current Disney context- these will continue to drive growth for India.
The broad contours of this role is as follows:
- Lead the DTR (Direct to Retail) strategy, development and growth plan for Disney in India, for the fashion (apparel, accessories, footwear) category.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, especially senior management at the retailers end.
- Develop, implement and achieve the yearly revenue budget for the category and channel.
- Work actively with existing DTR partners on every operational aspect of the business
- Will report into the Head of Disney Consumer Products and will manage a team of category managers.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Strategic Management
- Develop category and channel plans with DTR partners, in line with the strategy.
- Undertake market analysis to monitor industry trends, regulations, sub-categories performance and retail channels, and determine Disney's segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (age segment, product, price, and retail channel) for the LOB to expand presence consistent with local demographic and retailer needs.
- Contribute to regional / global discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget (Retail sales and royalty revenue) for respective set of licensees and retailers.
- Work very closely with Key licensees & Retailers across all aspects of distribution, promotions, pricing, product development, and sourcing.
- Identify new areas of growth from a category and channel perspective.
- Secure business growth through geographical expansion and store expansion, throughout the country.
- Develop and maintain a tight control on MIS in order to forecast accurately.
- Drive Contract Renewals consistent with Category Plans and strategies.
- Ensure that the business is conducted as per compliances laid down by The Walt Disney Company.
- Ensure licensees- thorough understanding and compliance of Disney's contract, terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop manufacturing centers of excellence (global and regional). Share information and sources from other regions.
3. Product Development
- Direct product development consistent with category plan and have an ongoing product quality improvement program.
- Should have a good perspective on fashion trends and consumer preferences.
- Administer and coordinate licensee's product / artwork approvals with Product Development team.
- Coordinate with other regional LOB head on product development matters e.g. event days, promotion value, new guide book release, etc.
- Work closely with licensees on their category assortment plans.
- Responsible for the Revenue forecast for a set of licensees.
- Provide forecast for the category on monthly basis.
- Ensure that timely collection of monies from licensees.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of contracts.
5. Retail :
- Work with key retail account buyers to manage Disney's product range and presence at retail. Seek to expand our direct to retail licensing arrangements wherever necessary. .
- Work with buyers from key retail accounts to develop business opportunities, managing product sourcing, mix / range, pricing and new programs specific to each retailer's shopping profile.
- Hold strong relationships with senior management at the Retailers end.
Education & Training :
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
- MBA or NIFT graduate preferable
- 12+ years work experience (out of which at least 4+ years leading a team) either in a category management role, or in fashion industry in sales or merchandising. Ideally in a multinational environment
- Industry: Fashion, Fashion Retail, FMCG (Category Management), Consulting (Consumer Products/Retail)