Your impact :
As a SDET you will be building, executing and analyzing tests with complex workloads for core database product with a vision of representing customer scenarios focusing on integration/system tests. You would drive the ease of use, cross feature integration, scalability, security etc. related improvements in Cloud by sharing the contextual functionality knowledge and coordination with the internal teams.
You will :
- Design, develop and maintain automation framework, system and functional test suites and contribute to Database platform development.
- Test the product for performance, resiliency, security, scalability, and reliability.
- Fix defects identified via testing in Database platform.
- Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, code paths, and overall behavioral characteristics of the products you test.
- Analyze and understand existing test coverage and test cases, identifying opportunities for redesign, replacement, reusability, and improvement in efficiency and performance.
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from tests and customer issues.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases. Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment in the platform.
You'll need :
- Strong programming skills (C++, Java, Python and UI automation tools) and experience in developing automation frameworks and testing tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or CQL.
- Professional experience in Databases and/or Distributed Systems.
- Customer Obsession - you are passionate about delivering a high-quality product.
- You judge our own success by the success of the team and the happiness of our customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you're able to work with a wide variety of people and collaborate with geographically distributed teams and effectively communicating everything from data points to critical feedback.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take on new challenges.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with BS in CS or equivalent technical degree.
Nice to have :
- Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery development environment.
- Have expertise with automation and build tools such as Selenium, jMeter, and Jenkins.
- Thrive on working on open source technologies.
- Interview Process: Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Our process usually lasts 2-3 weeks and consists of a phone screen, Zoom interviews including senior leaders.
Our Benefits :
- Remote work
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health Benefits
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Internet and Phone Reimbursement
- Home Office Setup Reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement :
As an equal opportunity employer, it is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.