The IT Service Asset and Configuration Management Service Analyst is responsible for numerous significant aspects related to IT asset management and Configuration Management. Maintains and implements standards for Asset Management, Configuration Management and ensures compliance with defined controls and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify Configuration Items (CIs) across IT and map to the Service Now application model
- Control CI information, ensure upstream/downstream relationships are built connecting CIs to Application/Technical Services and validate the relationships
- Perform verification and regular audits of CMDB information
- Provide management information about Configuration Management, quality and operations, risks and for trending
- Maintain quality of CI information entered into Service Now CMDB
- Maintain currency on policy and process documents
- Provide training on CMDB processes, reporting and associated tasks
- Receive and obtain notification of significant changes in the state and conditions of CIs. Escalate non-compliance to the IT Security & Operations Teams
- Respond to requests for CI changes and updates from Change Management where human intervention (manual effort) is required
- Provide reporting and metrics on CI information upon request
- Baseline CMDB and track changes against the baseline.
- Ensure the linkage between CMDB and ITIL Processes, such as Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog and Financial Management are maintained and offer optimum value
- Keep test plans related to CMDB and Auto discovery updated.
- Participate in Service Now Release schedule.
- Work with the Asset Management team to ensure Asset & CMDB are in synchronization
- Identifies key metrics for IT to demonstrate trends, hot-spots, and successes across Global-IT environment
- Develops and maintain IT asset management standards and procedures for hardware and software assets
- Oversee quality control throughout IT asset management life cycles.
- Works with functional management, vendor management and contract management functions to review technology resources (hardware / software), configuration, and vendor purchase agreements.
- Oversees development and maintenance of tracking systems / services for all IT hardware / software assets in order to maintain an accurate inventory and configuration of all IT assets and their components and ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Establishes linkage with configuration management, budgeting and procurement processes to track asset acquisition, utilization, configuration and retirement of assets.
- Oversees the delivery of IT asset and configuration reports, including management reports.
- Maintains working knowledge of IT asset and configuration management industry practices.
- Implement Asset management security standards in conjunction with Information security team.
- Maintain IT asset and configuration management procedures (license compliance and expense management).
- Monitors compliance with IT asset management policies, procedures and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to work independently in a matrix organization.
- Interface across the organization with other teams, such as system operations, infrastructure, Application support and Information security.
- Strong operational service management knowledge and skills, and understanding of IT operations processes and end to end IT infrastructure components / architecture
- Analytical demeanor, strong decision-making skills and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals across all levels the organization.
- Knowledge and experience working across a geographically and culturally diverse organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Adjust to changing priorities while multitasking effectively.
- Design, evaluate and document processes and lead teams in accomplishing process review and improvement
- Proficiency in using metrics to measure and model service delivery and drive continuous improvements.
- Experience in managing third party suppliers
- Ability to travel globally up to 10%
4 Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum 4 Years of hands on technical experience performing administration/development specifically with Service Now
- Should have working experience in ITSM and ITOM modules in Service Now
- Technical experience in Service Now CMDB Configuration Management and auto discovery
- Able to develop auto discover probes and business rules to meet requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of middle ware software, office automation, networking, Wintel / UNIX computing.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with application delivery, application development, project managers and business colleagues, delivering effective IT / business solutions.
- Experience working in remote / virtual team and environment.
- ITIL Foundation certification