The IT Service Management Specialist is a member of the GIOS Service Management team whose mission is to enable IT service delivery and support. The Specialist participates in transformational initiatives as related to ITSM. This includes the ongoing definition and improvement of service management processes and supporting tools. Processes include incident, change, problem, configuration, request and service level management processes. The Service Management Specialist will provide business analysts services to support our ongoing services as well as searching for areas of improvement. He/she will participate in the creation of leading indicators that allow proactive actions within the overall IT landscape.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and implementation related to several Service Management processes including Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Event, Knowledge, Request and Service Portfolio Management.
- Participate in efforts to implement ITSM technical solutions necessary to automate processes and support the operation of end-to-end IT services delivery and management processes.
- Provide business analysis support by identifying requirements for ITIL based tools and applications..
- Provide day-to-day monitoring of ITIL based IT business practices.
- Champion ITIL best practices and their implementation throughout Tenneco.
- Assist in defining and providing regular updates to the metrics for operational performance reporting for continual service improvement.
- Build documentation and training for all IT staff.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Service Management Analysts and Specialists in the work.
- Update and enforce Service Management policies and procedures
Ability to get work done in a matrix organization.
- Interface across the organization with other teams, such as system operations, infrastructure, Application support and Information security.
- Strong operational service management knowledge and skills, and understanding of IT operations processes and end to end IT infrastructure components / architecture.
- Analytical demeanor, strong decision-making skills and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals across all levels the organization.
- Knowledge and experience working across a geographically and culturally diverse organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Adjust to changing priorities while multitasking effectively.
- Design, evaluate and document processes and lead teams in accomplishing process review and improvement.
- Proficiency in using metrics to measure and model service delivery and drive continuous improvements.
- Experience in managing third party suppliers.
- Ability to travel globally up to 10%
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum 4 Years of hands on technical experience performing administration/development specifically with ServiceNow
- Should have working experience in ITSM and ITOM modules in ServiceNow
- Able to develop auto discover probes and business rules to meet requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of middleware software, office automation, networking, Wintel / UNIX computing.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with application delivery, application development, project managers and business colleagues, delivering effective IT / business solutions.
- Experience working in remote / virtual team and environment.
- ITIL Foundation certification