19 Feb 2023 11:59pm
Staff Software Engineer
As a Staff Engineer you model the highest standards of software engineering practice in the work you do. Acting with a sense of urgency, whilst remaining flexible you put customer needs first. You actively use your breadth and depth of expertise to build capability and raise work standards in the teams you are working in.
Minimum 12+ years of experience in Software-based role, with tertiary qualifications in Software engineering.
As a Staff Engineer, you apply deep experience and technical know-how in the Software Engineering domain to:
- Design, build and maintain multiple complex software application technologies and their interaction with Telstra processes and systems
- Implement significant improvements in quality, performance, stability and scalability of the application
- Lead large, strategic, complex engineering projects on Salesforce platform.
- Develop innovative software that maintains data/ network security management, and leverage set processes to reduce the time between commission and production
- Authentically engage with and influence a multi-stakeholder landscape to translate customer needs into leading-edge software application products, services or systems that meet Telstra’s time, cost and quality standards
- Collaborate with team members and key stakeholders, seeking support, direction and buy-in to gather deep insights about the challenges and opportunities of our software application technologies and platforms
- Significantly contribute to continuous improvement initiatives of our systems and processes, to help define ‘best practice’ corporate testing standards and drive improved outcomes (e.g. productivity, customer experience and/or profitability)
- Take ownership of your own actions and decisions to drive positive outcomes within your team/mission, and provide guidance to more junior engineers in order to support their development