Our Global team is a group of motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. If you are reading this brief, I presume you are a hardworking rockstar searching for full-time work from home? Does this sound like you? Don't let this opportunity pass you by! Learn more below!
POSITION: Full-time Senior Tax Preparer ( Minimum of 40 hours )
If you are an awesome Senior Tax preparer with a minimum of 7 US TAX season
experience, looking for a long-term opportunity, then this role must be meant for you!
About the company
Tax Goddess is a solid, growing, and lively/fun Scottsdale CPA firm. We have been in the business for over 17 years, and we are ranked Top 1% Tax Strategists in the USA. This would be a long term opportunity for the right person. We are a progressive, computer savvy CPA Firm, so you must have computer skills. Knowledge of working in the "cloud" is a plus as our firm is 100% digital.
We are looking for:
Someone with a fun-loving, flexible, motivated, person who is detail-oriented. Someone who has a strong work ethic, confident, comforting in their communication with others, and can work with little to no supervision. Experience and understanding of Insightly, and Slack is a plus but not required.
We are looking for:
- Must be proficient in Lacerte/Proconnect Online tax preparation software
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks desktop and online version
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Must be willing to work with our teams all over the world, different cultures, and personalities
- Must have a minimum of 7 to 10 years US tax experience (both business & personal returns), have reviewed other staff work before for both technical and theoretical issues .
- English language skills must be at a fluent level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the client via phone call and email
- Preparing more complex tax returns (1040, 1120S, 1120, 1065)
- Should know the tax documents (W2, 1099, Consolidated stmt, Settlement statement, Mortgage forms, HSA, Home office, Vehicle deductions, foreign credits, foreign filing requirements)
- Can prepare WPS file (can arrange all these docs in proper order in PDF, know how to use tic tie, can present the WPs in a way to make it easy for a reviewer to review it, WPS should cover all necessary documents and research papers whether they are from the client or from his own research)
- Overall knowledge of tax (what's going on, recent changes, updates, carryback, NOL, effect of business tax over personal taxes like K1, etc.)
- Bookkeeping for tax basic knowledge is also required
- Know the entire filing process (when to e-file, paper file, what to attach etc.)
- Knowledge of other such returns like Gift tax return, Trust returns, State Franchise tax returns, such other returns as they come across (payroll returs are covered by payroll department and sales tax returns are covered by bookkeeping)
- Reviewing tax preparation of our other staff (both for technical review and theoretical review) & (returning to other preparers for review points & training)
- Helping clients with documents, questions, issues
- Bookkeeping review
- Training less knowledgeable staff/answering staff questions
- Tax projections & quarterly estimates
- Communication with clients/government agencies / other staff
- Special client projects as needed
- Working as a team to help get information in, out, done, and keep customers happy !
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as
soon as possible. Ensure you put “Super-Badass-Sr. Tax Preparer” in your title / cover
letter/email submission or your submission will be ignored.
Make your mark. Apply today!
Tax Goddess provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.