Full Job Description
To plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets which includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. Also responsible for telephone, data center, security systems and other electronic infrastructure
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements
2. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use
3. Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
4. Establish service level agreements with end users
5. Provide ownership of problem through final resolution
6. Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
7. Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
8. Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts
9. Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
10. Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
11. Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
12. Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software
13. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers
14. Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on
15. Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
16. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
17. Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base
18. Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
19. Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
20. Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD
21. Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
22. Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Policy and Process Compliance
1. Safeguard the organization’s processes and policies.
2. Strict adherence to SOP and the defined processes
3. Encourage consistent and continuous compliance is followed by all employees and vendors with safety and regulatory requirements, standards and protocols
4. Confirm your actions are compliant as per Information Security Policy
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field of study
2. Overall 10-12 years’ experience with a leading company with minimum 7 years as Infrastructure lead
1. 5 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
2. Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
3. Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
4. Conversant with programming languages such as .Net, PHP Keen attention to detail.
5. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
6. Strong customer service orientation.
7. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment