iOS SDE III
Porter has multiple mobile apps used by our consumers - app used by our customers to place
on-demand orders, app used by our drivers to service those orders, and app used by fleet
owners to manage their vehicles on our platform. Each of these apps is frequently iterated over
to improve functionality and experience. In such a fast paced environment, we expect our
mobile developers to develop and maintain these complex apps with a heavy focus on code
design to keep the code easily extensible and maintainable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the product life cycle to understand directly from the Product Team the expected behavior of the apps and the use cases being implemented.
- Participate in design discussions with heavy focus on modeling entities and interactions, following architectural patterns like MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams - backend teams for finalizing APIs, design team for UI/UX, etc.
- Participate in iteration planning to give effort estimates.
- Write clean, readable, maintainable and performant code following well established design principles.
- Write Unit Tests and Integration Tests to ensure correctness.
- Track, debug and fix bugs & crashes escalated.
- Ensure the apps are performant - no memory leaks, no frame drops, battery usage, etc.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies, tools and SDKs as may be necessary to improve the entire development pipeline.
- Work with cross-platform technologies, like Kotlin Multiplatform, to ensure consistency of features and code reuse across Android / iOS platforms.
- Languages : Swift, Kotlin, SQL
- Frameworks : RIBs, Kotlin Multiplatform, Spek
- Architectures : MVVM, MVP, Clean Architecture, etc
- Libraries : RxSwift, SwiftUI, etc
- Integrations : AWS services, Payment Gateways (Razorpay, etc), Google Maps, Firebase, etc
Products & Systems Overview :
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
Customer App :
- All orders serviced by Porter are placed from this app making it our primary business driver.
- To ensure feature parity and consistency across our Android and iOS platforms, we use Kotlin Multiplatform to re-use business logic code across the two platforms.
Partner App :
- All orders serviced by Porter are fulfilled by drivers using this app.
- The app houses a variety of products built for our partners like onboarding, training, earnings, payments, etc.
- Given that the app is expected to run for long hours on cheaper phones there is a heavy emphasis on keeping the apps performant - optimizing battery consumption and memory usage.
Fleet Owner Apps :
- A multi-platform app for fleet owners to manage their drivers and track their performance and earnings on our platform.
Company Overview :
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 30%
CAGR. Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 8 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 40k driver partners and a customer base nearing a million. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 25 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital and Mahindra Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We're trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of last mile logistics including warehousing and LTL transportation. Our team has built products at Amazon, Apple, RocketFuel, WalmartLabs, and ETH Zurich among others. At Porter, we're here to do the best work of our lives.
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Qualification Prerequisites :
- Experience >= 4 years
- Proficient with iOS framework and Swift.
- Proficient with reactive programming frameworks like RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa, etc
- Experience in designing, writing and maintaining a large complex app code base.
- Proficiency in design patterns like MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc.