Our company is built of the quality of the service that we provide to our client whether that is maintenance managed professional or the actual technology itself as service. It is all a service. SO no matter how strong you are in a technology you are unlikely to be a successful applicant for this role without a proven track record in delivery industry best client services. At TRT we service clients not technology a subtle but key differentiation. In addition we are looking for applicants that are willing to grow into cross technology specialists as storage networking or server specialists instead of vendor based specialists. The successful applicant must display a resilience in their previous work history that has meant that they have learnt and achieved where others failed to.
The primary functions of the Consulting Engineer is to provide L3 backend support to escalated tickets, conducts incident changes related to server, storage, and networking hardware and software.
Analyse customer requirements to ensure TRT’s solution is technically accurate and complete by providing technical recommendations and formulating pre-sales consultations forms (PSC’s).
- Conducts high level changes to a customer’s environment by creation Change Request Form (CRF) and Scope of Work (SOW) documentation.
- Engage in short to long term professional services project implementation and deployment and frequently communicate with the customer throughout the job delivery process.
- Attend pre-sales meetings, conduct solution design and presentations and answer technical queries from the customer.
- Provide technical guidance and support to Global Support Delivery (GSD) and Field Engineers (FE) for escalated service calls.
- Attend the customer site when necessary to perform escalated hardware or software fault resolution.
- Document technical procedures and processes and update TRT knowledge database from time to time.
Break/Fix Hardware Maintenance:
Perform remote troubleshooting to identify failed hardware
- Coordinate with Service Partners or Support Engineering team for onsite support
- Involve external vendor support as and when necessary
- Documentation of problem resolutions into TRT’s knowledge base
- Ensure procedures are properly followed when service partners attend site
- Assist the FE team as needed in resolving onsite HW break fix engagements with TRT customers
Analysis of UNIX and Windows related software problems
- UNIX and Windows operating system patching to resolve known problems
- Escalation to L2 and/or L3 core dumps for analysis
- Installation and maintenance of software packages
- Documentation of problem resolution into TRT’s knowledge base via standard Wiki update procedure
Candidates must possess a College Degree Holder. With Training and Certification would be an advantage.
- Depending on the CE’s primary skillset(s) maintain minimum certification on each of the technologies.
- AIX - IBM Certified System Expert
- IBM Storage - IBM Certified Specialist - Midrange Storage Technical Support
- Linux – Linux Professional Institute – Certification 2 or RedHat Certified System Administrator
- Microsoft - Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure
- HP-UX - HP-UX Certified System Engineer
- Solaris – Oracle Certified Professional
- VMWare – VMWare Certified Professional
- TSM - IBM Certified Deployment Professional
- Must have 4 years up of experience handling remote break-fix hardware device maintenance, IT Server, Storage and - - - Networking Operating System support.
- With 4 years up of experience in networking server and storage hardware and software.
- Must have exposure/experience in Analysis of UNIX and Windows related software problems and UNIX and Windows operating system patching to resolve known problems.
Willing to be assigned in Singapore TRT office and to travel to TRT offices globally.