About Synaptic :
Synaptic is a Gurgaon, Bangalore, and San Francisco-based startup that analyses billions of data points to help investors make better decisions. We build tools, processes, and algorithms to power investors with cutting-edge proprietary insights. Traditional investment research is changing and we are at the forefront of this change. Our customers are some of the biggest and best names out there managing multiple billions of dollars of money. We are well funded and count some of the sharpest minds in Silicon Valley as our supporters.
About the Work :
- We live and breathe startups, technology trends, and the venture capital industry. We evaluate and analyze startups, their business models, revenue models, distribution models, and everything else there is to know about them.
- Alternative data is our lifeline! We leverage it to figure out how companies are doing, how their competitors are doing, how the industry is doing.
- We love sharing interesting insights derived around companies of interest with our customers as mailers and reports regularly. These premium contents showcase the immense capabilities of the powerful Synaptic platform to guide investor's decision-making.
- We are very crazy about different trends and developments in the startup world. And we do it all as a team. We collaborate with the engineering, product, and data science team to give life to these ideas.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- You would be responsible for managing a direct team of up to 5 analysts and perform various responsibilities spanning across team operation, continuous process improvement, stakeholder management, and deliverables review and feedback
- You analyze and interpret business requirements leveraging expectation assessment, benchmarking, hypothesis generation, and other qualitative and quantitative methods
- You advance competencies and capabilities of Analysts by identifying gaps in knowledge and skills, motivating, coaching, facilitating, solving work-related challenges, and addressing people-related issues
- You would spearhead initiatives for talent development by hiring and training new talents
Skills/Key Requirements :
- You thrive with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product management, sales, and marketing to yield meaningful contribution to the company's success
- You can envision, implement, operate, and improve relevant SOP for alternative data and startup research methodologies and show keen interest and strong commitment to define KPI and monitor the progress
- You strive for a diverse, inclusive, and impactful culture that encourages equity leadership practices
- You possess strong communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English
- You have proficiency in MS Office Suite / Google Workspace and previously any BI/data analytics tools
- You have a previous experience with either SQL or Python and exposure in preparing and monitoring MIS reports and dashboards
- You have a min. 2-3 years of experience managing and mentoring a team of at least two members in the research industry
- You want to grit it out and help build a world-class company and not settle for complacency