The Security Operations Center Analyst"s core responsibility is to monitor events received from devices or users, and take appropriate action based on analysis and Standard Operational Procedures. Additional responsibilities include vulnerability assessments, rules analysis, security tools monitoring and management, and participation in POCs. The job holders should expect to be challenged and to grow their skills and knowledge in the security area.
- Responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment in shifts.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from several security devices.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms an actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis services.
- Analyze and respond to unknown or previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, and security incident response.