Assistant Manager/Manager - Business Development
New Delhi - India | Full time
As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft has been in India since 2004 and was the first foreign investor in Indian hydropower sector. The objective is to become a significant renewable energy independent power producer in India over the next few years.
The role represents a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth by being a part of the team involved in Business Development activities in India with a focus on greenfield project development (wind & solar) and new business development (storage / green hydrogen etc.).
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working with Business Development department:
As a member of the Business Development team you’ll:
- Carry business development in renewable power with focus on greenfield development.
- Improve and streamline renewable energy business models and Statkraft’s offerings including commercial, market, financing, governance and regulatory aspects.
- Carry out project development which include, land, licensing and permits and having full understanding of regulatory constraints and opportunity space.
- Understand the industry, peers, competitors, and suppliers and able to negotiate the requirements.
- Monitor industry in terms of market development, new projects & business models, new technologies (including storage), competitive activity, new customers, technological changes and new offerings etc.
- Execute and continuously update Company’s business plan in line with organisation’s strategy for renewable energy.
- Ensure compliance to internal policies and business framework across business development cycle.
We look for experienced Business Development professional with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes:
- 6 + years in Renewable Power industry, of which the last five years should have been in business development of renewable energy projects.
- Bachelor’s in engineering or Business from a reputed Institute/University and preferably master’s in business administration or Management Science.
- Experience of developing renewable energy projects / business in India.
- Expertise on commercial and financial assessment of renewable energy projects.
- Understanding of overall policy and regulatory framework of Indian renewable energy sector.
- Understanding of policies, laws and regulatory framework related to licensing, permits and power sales at state and central level.
- Experience of managing renewable energy project development involving multiple stakeholders across cultures and countries
- Ability to Influence subject matter experts across a wide range of issues relating to energy markets in general and specific projects
- Willing to travel, flexible and dynamic
- Good communication and IT skills
Personal Attributes -
The successful candidate should be:
- Result oriented power sector professional with strong analytic skills, highly motivated, ability to work independently as well as contributing in a team.
- Structured and highly attentive of details.
- Capable of presenting results clearly in a written and verbal way.
- In possession of high integrity and committed to enhance company’s overall success
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program.
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”.
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Location: Saket, New Delhi
Contacts: Ruchika Jain
Travelling: Frequent travel across India
Last date to submit applications: 23.10.2021