Job Title: Data Steward
Purpose of Role:
The Finance Risk Infrastructure Business Solutions Team (FRIBS) is responsible for providing business and technology solutions for our Finance and Risk business partners.
The Data Steward is a key position responsible for identifying and resolving all types of data issues working with Business Unit core team, IT, Enterprise Data Governance & Management to ensure high levels of data quality, integrity, privacy, availability, security, usability and adherence to Corporate policies and procedures.
- Support Day-to-Day Data Stewardship Operations.
- Support enterprise data-decision making processes and facilitate discussion to address conflicting viewpoints with the goal of arriving at mutually satisfactory agreements.
- Support leads as they guide the business and initiative area steward needs for information sourcing; provisioning; consumption; standardization; and reporting & analytics.
- Support the resolution of data, information and processing challenges that are having an adverse impact on the operational environment and/or business performance.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate it in the data strategy.
- Participate in projects involving upstream and downstream data flows and processes to ensure compliance with data governance policy.
- Create reporting around data governance progress for key stakeholders and management.
- Participate/Initiate data quality efforts working closely with key stakeholders to design, develop and deploy process redesign, and tool implementation, where needed.Qualifications
Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence staff and customers are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to motivate and influence staff and customers are required.
- Strong understanding of data management concepts, principles and practices.
- Ability to understand data models, data taxonomy, and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prior business operations role with data focus. Experienced in managing/monitoring data.
- Self-confidence, high energy and tenacity in bringing issues to closure and moving forward are highly desired.
- BA/BS Computer Science / Business / MIS (or equivalent work experience to substitute for education).
- Demonstrated and proven leadership ability along with proven project / people management skills.