About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a Senior Performance Tester having good domain knowledge and Performance testing experience in Financial Markets - Risk. He / She will be an eager learner willing to learn new techniques and technologies and should be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to understand the requirements, Non-functional specifications, design/interface specifications, application architecture and product documentation
- Develop Performance test script specifications based on various requirement documents within schedule constraints and prepare traceability for the test cases
- Perform functional and technical test execution activities as per testing engagement level in the project.
- Execute performance test cases as per the execution plan, ensure timely completion with quality delivery
- Document software product defects and track it to closure.
- Enhance skills on the performance testing tools & techniques
- Develop PT scripts for the enhancements as applicable for the application & project
- Constant communication and follow-ups with various stake holders to track deliverables during test planning, preparation and execution phases as applicable.
- Assist the Test Manager in managing day-to-day testing activities, such as test monitoring and status reporting at the end of the testing day.
- Send out daily or weekly status report with accurate execution and defect metrics to TM for the agreed cut off time set for the application release/project
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project in relation to the test quality.
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaborative efforts always
- Conduct reviews and inspections of project/testing deliverables
- Use the test Environments monitoring tool, while doing the PT
- Set up necessary monitoring / profiling tools to identify and isolate performance bottlenecks.
- Contribute to accurately estimate work requirements and to devise test execution plan
- Log software product defects and track it to closure
- Adhere to the company’s compliance policy
- Follow the Organization’s QA process, Testing standards & Controls
Performance testing lead responsibilities:
- Understand the bank’s Performance testing framework and drive the implementation of the same within the team.
- Work with Head of Testing in implementation of the Performance Test Strategy and roadmap for the area.
- Facilitator for creation of regression test script for performance testing (if applicable)
- Oversee the performance testing and improvement of the latter
- Maintenance of performance testing framework by fixing the code based on product change on environment
- Run the PT through the Jenkins nightly builds and configure the test results email to targeted audience based on need.
- Tools: Load Runner, JIRA
- Diverse knowledge and experience of working on Agile Deliveries and Scrum teams
Other Preferred Skills
- Performance: Selenium, Java, Python, Rest API
- DB: Oracle , MySQL
- Hands on Performance testing
- Domain - Banking
- Understanding of financial markets business – front/middle/back office
Diversity & Inclusion
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.