About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback (Backlog review)
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities within a scrum when working with Agile teams
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source and/or relevant tools
- Test data/Environment setup in-coordination with upstream/downstream teams
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Setup and execute nightly automated regression packs on daily builds
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products/application to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities, test coverage and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven work experience in software development/automation frameworks
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance/engineering
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with Non-functional Testing e.g. performance, security
- Solid knowledge of JAVA, SQL, Shell and/or Python scripting and Hands-on experience with following automated build/testing tools (At-least 3)
- Jenkins(Maven)(Understanding of Jenkins and cloud based solutions such as AWS)
- BDD (JBehave)
- Service Virtualization tools like LISA, Green hat
- CTD tools (Orthogonal arrays)
- Exposure to DevOps tool sets and techniques (e.g. Atlassian Bamboo)
- Exposure to trade processing applications such as Murex
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BE/BTech/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.