About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Ensuring the process is designed effectively and efficiently, meaning it should
- Meet the High Level Control Objective of the process as defined in the Technology Framework
- Support the target maturity level committed to the regulators
- Balance all the different (and sometimes conflicting) stakeholder's requirements and expectations
- Define appropriate processes KPIs with the relevant stakeholders and establish the process performance measurement framework
- Deliver required process artefacts, e.g. TO-BE process documentation, Journey maps
- Monitor process execution and performance outcomes and measure against KPI targets
- Report process performance to management
- Perform business impact assessment of changes requested by stakeholders
- Manage external or internal escalation of process related issues
- Work with relevant stakeholders to identify and prioritize improvement initiatives
- Lead improvement initiatives or changes to achieve targets including redesign of broken processes, use of digital enablers to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Manage changes from process and/or key system enhancements
Ensuring the process is embedded in day to day practice
Concretely, this mean you will
- Build with the Process Owner a Vision and a Strategy for your process
- Actively and proactively contribute to the evolution of the process for the different frameworks (Waterfall, agile, …) in line with the strategy
- Support Governance of the process
- Ensure adequacy and the effectiveness of controls
- Define, monitor, and report to Process Owner key performance indicators of the process. You take corrective actions when there are KPI threshold breaches
- Foster process adoption, continuously assessing awareness, willingness, knowledge, and ability of the process actors to execute the process diligently and react accordingly
- Act as a reference for your process towards stakeholders, participating to projects or initiatives initiated within SCB that need information / input / requirements from your process, and answering to requests and questions from control functions
- Animate and support the process communities , including on-boarding of newcomers
You work under steer and accountability of the Process Owner with whom you work closely in a spirit of trust, empowerment, and transparency. You act as his advisor, and armed wing. You meet him/her regularly and make sure you are constantly aligned on current situation, vision, and priorities.
As a member of the Team :
- You co-create a standard approach and share best practices with your peers Process Managers
- You maintain solid knowledge and understanding of other processes and help your peers keep knowledge and understanding of your process. When needed, you act as a backup for your peers (T Shaping)
- You participate to the ceremonies/meetings of team
- You understand, support, and advocate to the external world the activities of Deployment management. You are able to endorse those activities as well (T shaping)
- You help the Product Owner defining the Vision and Roadmap and make it yours. You provide constructive feedback and participate to the prioritization process
- Have experience as a practitioner of the Manage IT Deployment Management process, ideally in both Agile and Waterfall contexts. You have the credits to be considered as a reference for this domain.
- Are familiar with the Methodology world and with concepts as process, activities, roles, inputs and outputs, and guidelines. You have technical writing skills on those subjects.
- Are familiar with the concepts of Deployment Management and understand the building blocks of successful change for an individual
- Have excellent advisory and communication skills
- Are able to coordinate small initiatives with people from different horizons, and follow up on them
- Have excellent stakeholders management skills. You are able to identify people that are dependent on your process, build a network across the organisation, and become visible. You can work with people from various background and seniority, and are able to understand their issues, objectives and expectations toward your process, and communicate with them regularly.
- Have excellent facilitating skills, including animation of large groups of people
- Are a team player, and you share and embody the values of willingness, constructiveness, openness, transparency and mutual care
- Your suggestions and solutions need to go beyond standard and known solutions and require out-of-the box thinking (Vision)
- You are more in contact with you customer and discuss your proposed advice in more detail with the purpose of convincing the other party of your advice (Persuasion)
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.