Technical Manager - Content & Publishing Domain
We are building the world's leading platform and products connecting the network of human knowledge.
You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on creating frontend and backend vertical services with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the way. We are using a microservices based architecture composed of multiple services joined into one API. Our architecture uses Angular2/React and Node for the web and Typescript and Java on the backend.
As an Engineering Manager you will lead a talented team of like-minded engineers in enriching the experience of our users and partners. As we grow the network of human knowledge, you will deliver software services positioned to harness it to accelerate our business.
- You have a BE/Msc/MBA - Computer Science
- You have a total experience of at least 16+years
- You have at least 4+ years of relevant experience working with Content & Publishing Domain & multiple distributed teams
- Managed at least a team of 50 direct or indirect members
- Scale of projects worked on should be large scale enterprises
- You are able to multitask in a dynamic environment
- You have experience in at least 1 year of Vendor management
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude that gets high quality projects done quickly
- You like to ship software early and often
- You are comfortable working at all tiers of modern applications, from the frontend all the way to the database
- You have a strong exposure to Enterprise Java platform, Spring Framework, React.js, Node.js or comparable experience in MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node)
- You possess solid software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO design, and system architecture).
- You have experience working & managing with Git and its related release workflow on at least 2 key projects or 1 large project
- You are an expert communicator and love working with multiple stakeholders for common outcomes
- People management - Lead & mentor a team of talented software engineers on individual projects.
- Assist in team performance reporting mechanisms & related processes to ensure team working under you are continuously productive
- Work in collaboration with multiple vendors, partners and teams for common business goals & outcomes
- Own the entire release process of the product keeping schedule, quality & scalability requirements in mind.
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Set the vision of the services under the team's ownership.
- Align the roadmap based on customer and organization's desires.
- Build technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested services that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production performance.