SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING SPECIALIST
- Manifest consignments with information provided by requestor and schedule movements accordingly based on delivery demand (FedEx, UPS, 3PL vendors, expedite courier services), ensuring that each package has the correct information and configuration to guarantee intended delivery conditions
- Create shipping documents, packing slips, shipping labels and BOL's meeting SpaceX processing requirements
- Create/print identifying labels for all material/packages being shipped for traceability
- Properly package and manifest parcel, LTL, and large freight as required to ensure product integrity throughout the transportation cycle to intended destination
- File and maintain records of shipping documents per departmental guidelines
- Perform cycle counts to assure proper inventory is allocated in Shipping-owned Incoming/Outgoing areas
- Track critical shipments and update delivery status to requestors
- Responsible for system integrity for all shipments including coordination with requestor and distribution center(s) to ensure timely product delivery
- Acknowledge and take receipt of all incoming materials and packages, identify receipt in ERP system, and sort for transportation to identified location
- Receive all materials/packages and transact receipt in the ERP system
- Create/print routing labels and other required identifiers for the receipt of material/packages
- File and maintain records of incoming paperwork
- Responsible for system integrity in regards to all receipts
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice and procedures
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers and quantity as required
- Interface with carriers, internal customers, purchasing and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Evaluate hazardous receipts, inform requestor, and organize delivery to an appropriate location for hazardous materials
- Review stagnant inventory reports to ensure location accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years in a shipping role
- Experience in freight and expedited shipping
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years in a receiving, inventory or materials management role
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with GD&T and use of metrology tools and gauges
- Good communication skills and the ability to articulate aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Experience with the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective & preventative processes.
- Experience operating a forklift or other material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft suite
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be willing to work in an open-aired environment, lacking temperature controls
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 75% of shift time
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Shipping and Receiving Specialist/Level 1: $22.00 - $27.00/hour
Shipping and Receiving Specialist/Level 2: $25.25 - $32.00/hour
Shipping and Receiving Specialist/Level 3: $29.75 - $38.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us