SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (TOP SECRET CLEARANCE)
SpaceX is looking for a Systems Administrator with deep knowledge and broad experience across Microsoft-based technologies, in addition to broader experience and capability with networking and Linux technologies. This employee will be a member of the Information Technology team and will support SpaceX personnel and systems. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Work closely with other SpaceX IT administrators and engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support enterprise software platforms and related technologies in a world-class environment that meets the needs of the demanding SpaceX engineering teams. Build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems.
- Take lessons learned and technology standards from the SpaceX Enterprise and apply them in smaller air-gapped environments.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making humanity an interplanetary species.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Work within a diverse group to design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by interacting with internal business units.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- 4+ years of experience in IT systems administration.
- Experience with Windows servers in physical and virtualized enterprise level environments.
- Experience with Active Directory, Kerberos, and multi-platform authentication/identification environments.
- Experience with networking technologies and the Linux operating system environment.
- PowerShell (or other) scripting experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Windows-based systems and services such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, NPS, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Microsoft Exchange deployments.
- Expertise in source code and version control tools.
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools.
- Understanding of developing web and C#/.Net applications and build processes.
- Expert level familiarity with Windows Server 2012/2016 (AD, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture.
- Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI with Polygraph. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
IT Systems Administrator/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
IT Systems Administrator/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us