Job Overview :
- In this role, you will join SmartDrive's rapidly-growing Analytic Professional Services team, with an opportunity to support data/analytical projects involving our customers and external partners. The projects span a broad set of domains that include driver safety, transportation operations, telematics, driver performance benchmarking, transportation safety research, and insurance.
- SmartDrive collects massive volumes of unstructured (video, audio, sensor, etc.) and structured data generated by our commercial fleet customers. Data is transformed via our modern data pipeline and analytics into near-real-time actionable insights, predictive analyses and prescriptive recommendations that drive measurable value for customers. In this role, you will wrangle vast amounts of meaningful data and make it presentation-ready via best-in-class Business Intelligence and Analytics tools.
Major Duties/Responsibilities :
- Understand and independently support repetitive processes enabling data/reporting/analytics for consumption by external/internal customers.
- Start-to-finish, execute, document and communicate frequently with US-based team on ad hoc requests for data.
- Create inputs for other projects within Professional services.
- Interpret and maintain Tableau Discrepancy Report and communicate to stakeholders
- Perform step-by-step testing of comparative data sets and provide detailed documentation of findings.
- Browse and manage Amazon S3 files and folder structures
- Query SQL Server data warehouse and communicate findings.
- Work with MS Access forms and underlying tables.
- In Alteryx, run existing workflows from Gallery, ideally also modifying workflow objects.
- Bachelor's degree
- Min 3 years of experience owning specific data wrangling, data testing and file management processes start-to-finish in support of production business processes
- Strong communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner (new concepts, techniques and tools)
Must-have technology skills:
- Strong knowledge in Tableau
- Modifications in existing worksheets and dashboards
- Create new Dashboards and workbooks
- Good Knowledge in MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- General experience with hands-on processes of data validation
Good-to-have technology skills :
- Alteryx data-workflow development fundamentals
- Windows Command Line: running executable files or running existing Python scripts
- Business Intelligence and ETL fundamentals
- T-SQL Queries
- MS Excel: Filters, VLookups, Formulas
- MS Access: Development of Forms and Tables