Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer)
SmartStream is embarking its most exciting journey in recent times. To continue to service and support the world's top banks and asset managers we are constantly innovating to cement our industry leading position for the next decade.
Working with our other product development centres in Mumbai, Bangalore, Bristol and Katowice we are building modern software using constantly evolving agile and extreme practices. Independent autonomous teams build, maintain and support services which allows them to develop expertise in technology and business domains.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence others and to personally develop in a friendly and welcoming environment. We welcome engineering professionals from a variety of backgrounds to add to our diverse teams in our Mumbai/Bangalore development centre.
Java and Spring are our primary backend technologies with Angular and Typescript in our frontend.
- Involved in the complete product lifecycle from initial requirements definition, design, development and solution configuration through to deployment.
- Agile approach using Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Deployment technologies
- Support on-going maintenance and fixes of SmartStream’s solutions and in-house toolkits.
- Follow SmartStream’s development process and quality standards.
- Responsibility for developing scalable and robust solutions, which meet the high performance and availability standards of global financial institutions.
- Professional experience with Java 8/11 and Angular
- Git, Maven, NPM, Jenkins Pipelines
- Spring Framework and Spring Boot Microservices
- Practical experience of SQL in relational databases like Oracle/ SQL Server and Application Server Middleware
- Good communication skills
- Experience in Containerization viz. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in Apache Kafka Event Streaming Platform
- Engineering Graduate with Computer Science / Information Technology background or similar
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing in a software vendor environment is desirable but not required
- Financial software experience would be a bonus, but is not expected
- Experience as a junior software engineer or junior developer is a must
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations