Lead - Payroll and Compliance
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Should have experience in handling payroll for 5 thousand to 10 thousand employees.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third party payments).
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.