System Engineer- Mechanical Design
Bangalore | SiemensMobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility isan independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes railvehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems,intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we helpour customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We're making thelives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantlydeveloping new, intelligent mobility solutions!
Change the future with us
- Responsible for Design & development of machine room layout and high voltage component assembly for Locomotives.
- Facilitate execution through coordination across multiple functions including engineering, business controlling, supply management, manufacturing development and other interfaces as required.
- Drive the product development, integrate with other sub systems, and validate the system performance as per the functional requirements adhering to the Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD) commitments of the Project/Tender.
• Establish andprovide standardized reports on product/project execution to line & Projectmanagement.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Able to work in a Matrix Organization.
- Need to travel International & / or domestically based on Project requirement.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
- You must have bachelor's degree and / or Master's in Mechanical, Production or Industrial Engineering with 5-8 years of similar work experience.
- Sound knowledge of PTC CREO 4.0 modules such as sheet metal, piping, cabling, assembly, drafting and / or surfacing
- PDM Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM)
- Handling of SAP for creation & release of BOM, drawing, technical specification & handling of change management.
- Handing of DOORS tool for requirement management.
- Welded Steel Structures design as per EN 15085.
- Design rivetted and/or bolted assemblies.
- Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical integration of Sub-systems.
- Design Sheet metal, FRP, Castings & Extrusions parts & components.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with corrosion protection (i.e. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating)
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews
This role is based inBangalore. You'll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, soyou'll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you'll get thechance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape ofthings to come.
We're Siemens. Acollection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications thatreflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisionsat Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring yourcuriosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Findout more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and aboutSiemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careersOrganization:
Siemens LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalFull / Part time:
Full-timeFound this job inappropriate? Report to us