Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software products to support full life-cycle digital analysis, design, and manufacturing. This position includes developing prototypes, researching technologies, and developing applications enabling the delivery of Teamcenter Visualization products.
As a member of an Agile Scrum Team, you will be a key technical resource expected to design, develop, and test solutions. You will actively participate in backlog planning, sprint planning, daily scrums, and sprint reviews. As a member of a self-directed team, you may also take on roles in solution architecting, test framework design, dev ops, or even Scrum Master... depending on the team needs and your ability to contribute.
The software engineer filling this position will develop, enhance, and maintain finite element software for Windows and Linux platforms. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced environment embracing an Agile development process. Responsibilities will include understanding requirements, defining functional capabilities to satisfy customer workflows, designing software solutions using object-oriented analysis and design techniques, implementing and integrating algorithms, creating and executing quality assurance test plans, and assisting with product documentation.
At Siemens, every software engineer can positively impact millions of customers and will be called on to do so. The successful candidate will follow and help establish best practices and standards to efficiently develop high quality software. He or she will possess sufficient domain knowledge to understand and analyze requirements and to propose and deliver innovative solutions to meet these requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics (Master's degree preferred)
- Experience in C/C++ programming, preferably in the Microsoft Visual Studio environment
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively in an internationally composed and geographically dispersed team
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, automated unit testing, and robust software engineering practices is highly desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Software development experience in agile environment
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- User level experience in any CAD / Visualization application
- Sound knowledge of Computational Geometry algorithms and exposure to Graphics Libraries (e.g. OpenGL), Design pattern and OOAD
- Software Development experience of in developing 3D graphics software applications (e.g. CAD, Visualization, Games) a plus
- Knowledge of building software as a service (SaaS), Microservices, containers (Docker), RESTful API, Devops (Kubernetes) and multiple cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure not required, but desirable
Siemens Industry Software Inc.Experience Level:
Recent College GraduateFull / Part time:
Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us