We'reSiemens. Award winning; Ranked on Fortune 500; Digital Engineering globalleader. A collection of over 300,000 excellent minds who are all making thefuture.
The Simcenter 3D Application Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring thetechnical success of our customers in their use of our software, Simcenter 3Dand Nastran. Working closely with customers to understand their engineeringworkflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and bestpractices to help the client meet their objectives as well as improve theirprocesses. The role includes classroom training, mentoring, and providingdirect customer support. The position works closely with the sales organizationto discover opportunities to grow usage within accounts and engage the customerto realize that growth.
Excellent communicationskills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in thisfast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial,and possess excellent communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
RequiredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Act as primary point ofcontact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to theiruse of Simcenter 3D and Nastran. Identify problems and take responsibility forsuccessful resolution of issues
- Facilitate the salesprocess in developing account intelligence, pursuing opportunities for growthof software usage, and assisting in software deployment
- Conduct technicaldiscussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements,propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach
- Conduct training onintroductory and advanced topics in Simcenter 3D and Nastran
- Perform benchmarksimulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices andverify results
- Create Knowledge Basearticles for the customer community
- Work on multipleprojects and support engagements simultaneously
- Collaborate with productmanagement and industry teams to provide input on future product direction, andcommunicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers.
PreferredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science inMechanical Engineering, Aerospace or related field
- Successful applicationof finite element, multi body or fatigue analysis to meet real world goals inresearch or design
- Experience withsolutions for linear statics, buckling & normal modes on models ofunlimited size
- Ability to learn new skillsand adapt to customer application needs
- Excellent communication,organization, time management, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to20%
- M.S. or Ph.D. inAerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience withSimcenter 3D, Nastran, HEEDS or similar commercial tools.
- Experience withStructural analysis; Dynamic Forced Response; Acoustics; Advanced Nonlinear;Rotor Dynamics; Super element Components; Design Optimization; TopologyOptimization; Aeroelastic; Steady-state and Transient Thermal analysis
- Working knowledge ofcommon design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the followingindustries: Aerospace, Turbomachinery, Automotive, etc.
The salary range for this position is $95,800
and thisrole is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensationoffered is based on the successful candidate's work location as well asadditional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevanteducation/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellnessbenefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com.In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Companypolicies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exemptemployees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a betterfuture. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to developtomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemenshere: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds#LI-PLM #DISW#LI-REMOTE#LI-HM2Organization:
Siemens Industry Software Inc.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalFull / Part time:
Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us