Mentor Graphics is now Siemens EDA
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Seeking a dynamic and professional technical person, who enjoys working in a fast paced, fun and friendlyenvironment. In this position you will be focused on technical support of Siemens EDA (Mentor Graphics) leading edge Calibreproducts.
Drive adoption of Siemens EDA Calibre family of software products by executing both pre-sale and post-saletechnical support activities. Assess how company products meet customer needs. Prepare product specificationsfor development and installation of customized applications/solutions. Develop and deliver softwaredemonstrations and technical presentations. Present software solutions at conferences and technical forums toincrease awareness of products and generate leads. Perform benchmark evaluations for customers. Provide onsite support during enablement, integration and deployment of and when issues arise with use of Siemens EDAsoftware products. Work with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities. Contribute to technical sales plans and communicate with peers and field technical managementon progress and account status. Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and productdemonstrations. Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from thefield. Establish strategies to broaden target applications for software products.
The job will be based on the Bay Area (Fremont) with frequent travel to local customer sites and occasional airtravel.
Minimum education required for the position and fields of study
• Master's degree, or foreign academic equivalent, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,VLSI preferred or Will also accept a Bachelor's degree, or foreign academic equivalent, in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, VLSI
Required experience and skills
• Required Experience with IC Physical Verification including (Calibre, ICV, Assura, PVS)
• Preferred Experience with IC Digital Design or Custom Layout and or related CAD skills
• Preferred Experience with DRC (Design Rule Checking), LVS (Layout vs. Schematic), ERC(Electrical Rule Checks), PEX (Parasitic Extraction), PERC (Programmable Electrical RuleChecking) type verification flows
• Preferred Experience with IC Digital Design (Place and Route) tools
• Must enjoy working with customers and in large team environment
• Expert level scripting / programming skills is a plus
• A working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or Cprogramming required
• Strong communication skills
• Proactive self-starter with a focus on results
• Motivated team player/leader
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
• Remote Work ok
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employeesto be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and inaccordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.