Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. "Unsolvable" is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers' needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - check out our communities!
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2022, Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
As System Specialist,
you will perform project start-up, checkout and troubleshooting tasks for systems installed jobs. This position has the responsibility of providing guidance to contractors and direction to subcontractors. You will act as the external liaison working with customers and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. This is a field position typically working at commercial, industrial, and institutional construction sites/occupied facilities.What will you do?
What will you need to succeed?
- Performs wiring checkout, system start-ups programming, utilizing commissioning tools provided
- Graphics creation database management
- Completes final critical adjustments calibration and commissioning reports on systems following installation and preliminary set up
- Works towards the project schedule and work package received from the supervisor and or project manager and maintains regular communication on the status and execution of the projects assigned
- Participates in job site final walk on assigned jobs and or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
- Completes all job closeout documentation per PMSBT Acceptance process policy as well as any RMA and warranty labour relief
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch
- Delivers technical support coaching and direction to end users and other Service Technicians as applicable
We look to hire in the following locations for various projects:
- Requires three years of college or technical school (electrical, mechanical, or control engineering) or equivalent combination of education and related practical experience
- 2+ years of direct experience working with Building Automation Systems (BAS); less experience will also be considered
- BAS programming
- Commissioning and start-ups
- Communication Protocols: BACnet, Modbus, TCP/IP, MSTP
- Good knowledge of building systems and relevant standards
- Proven diagnostic skills; able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure; willing to communicate and work though complex problems
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and strong organizational skills
- Commercially and technically aware
- IT literate and possess proficiency in Windows applications, including MS Office suite
- A valid driver's license and ability to drive a company vehicle to customers in assigned region(s)
- Assets: Knowledge of building mechanical systems; training and certification in a related trade; understanding of the Building Code as it pertains to automation; specific technical knowledge of Siemens building automation systems.
Oakville ON/ Toronto ON/ Southwestern Ontario (SWO) - Cambridge ON, Guelph ON, London ON/ Halifax NS/ Calgary AB/ Edmonton AB/ Vancouver BC/ Richmond BCAbout us.We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada's passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.Organization:
Siemens Canada LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalFull / Part time:
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d'accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us