JobTitle: Head - Research Group: CollectiveIntelligence Systems
Location: Bangalore, India
Ourcentral research and development unit, Technology (T) are a strategic partnerto Siemens' operative units and provide important services along the entirevalue chain. Our support provided to the businesses in their research anddevelopment activities is ideally balanced with our own future-orientedresearch. We are actively helping to make people's lives a little better everyday. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a highlevel of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individuallycontribute your knowledge and your visions around the world.
AtTechnology you will be working in the heart of Siemens' technological researchtogether with the best. Siemens Technology (T) is seeking a seasoned datascience expert with strong management experience to head the CollectiveIntelligence Systems Research Group in Bangalore, India. The focus of this teamwill be to develop powerful innovations in collective intelligence that willtransform Siemens businesses, building applications using multi-modal cognitivearchitectures combining all preceptory inputs such as audio, video and otheragent systems. The team is a key part of our worldwide research set-upcollaborating with many other research groups across globe.
OurTechnology Field is Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) in Research inDigitalization and Automation. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionatecommunity of around 220+ researchers, data scientists and architectsdistributed across the globe. We strive to solve complex problems in variousdomains ranging from Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Energy, Mobility andBuildings to Smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analyticsand artificial intelligence.
What partwill you play?
What youneed to make real what matters.
- TheResearch Group (RG) Leader will drive the development of leading-edgetechnologies through customer funded and own research projects. You will beresponsible for the Research Group - developing both technology and businessstrategy and will have overall budget responsibility.
- Youwill be responsible for the transfer of R&D results into offers tostrategically suitable Siemens operating division while ensuring knowledge andtechnology transfer within the RG and with other RGs.
- Workswith technology leaders across the organization to expand market reach,identify new solution/product development opportunities, and analyze customerneeds to evolve market and technology requirements.
- Developmentand implementation of the Research Group strategy - Strategic positioning andplanning of respective Research Group (mid/ long term) including technologyportfolio management.
- Representationof the Research Group (technology, competencies, offerings) both to Siemensunits and externally, e.g. to the scientific community. Establish and maintainstrong networks.
- Haveyou acted as a primary interface between business, engineering and technologyorganizations?
- Haverich and demonstrated experience in understanding and influencing technologychoices and building solutions to remove obstacles to adoption.
Makeyour mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- Havesolid demonstrable entrepreneurial experience in building and running a team inComputer vision-based technologies from scratch.
- Demonstratedleadership skills through strong problem-solving skills, excellentinterpersonal skills with ability to work with and lead teams of technical andnon-technical experts.
- Movedbeyond theoretical models and can demonstrate successful results in buildinginnovative, practical and robust real-world solutions for Computer Vision basedapplications?
- Demonstratedconcrete examples of having successfully developed strategic concepts andengaged in technical business development to address new markets, usingvideo-analytics based technologies
- Master'sdegree (or PhD) -post 5-8 +, master - 10+ in Computer Science/Information Technology from apremier institute with 12+ years of research experience required of which 8+years of hands-on experience
- Hands-onexperience with one or more of the following is a must:
- Minimum 5 years ofexperience working on Imageprocessing, Computer vision and Video Analytics problems with a clearunderstanding and ability to implement algorithms (especially deep learningalgorithms)
- Solid hands-onexperience in training deep convolutional and/or recurrent networks usingframeworks like Tensorflow, Caffe and PyTorch, OpenCV and OpenGL. Strongknowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of linear algebra, probability,calculus.
- Research, develop andprototype software technologies related to object detection, tracking, semanticsegmentation, action recognition, 3D reconstruction, SLAM and photometricstereo
- Research and developvision algorithms for mobile, automotive and XR applications with performanceand power efficiency. Optimization techniques and model compression fordeployment on resource-constrained hardware/edge devices
- Demonstratedoutstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents andpublishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals. Publications inCVPR/ICCV/NIPS/ICML/ICLR/ would be an added advantage
- Disciplinaryand technical leadership / coaching of Research Group staff; drivingPerformance Management that includes target setting, evaluation and competencydevelopment for Project Managers and staff. You will need to build future technology leaders.
- Budgetplanning and reporting for the Research Group incl. project controlling
- Drivingrecruiting, competence management, resource management and transfer activitiesfor Research Group, in alignment with senior management
- Excitedto groom, coach and collaborate with team members and stakeholders from ideageneration, prototyping through production, present developed solutions andrecommendations to business partners, and influence future technology roadmapand strategy of the portfolio
- Extremelyenergetic and willing to walk the extra mile for achieving targets and be anactive AI evangelist within and outside Siemens.
Thisrole is based in Bangalore, where you'll get the chance to work withmulti-disciplinary teams working together to build the next chapters ofinnovation and impact.
We'reSiemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at atime in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourageapplications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Allemployment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and businessneed. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
AtSiemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We needthe most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow 's reality.Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds (http://www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds)Organization:
Siemens Technology and Services Private LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalJob Type:
Full-timeFound this job inappropriate? Report to us