Technology comes into shape!
As a system partner for innovative metal processing and cabling, Siemens Sykatec in Sibiu sets standards in production and logistics. Many years of experience in supplying rail and industrial technology have strengthened our competencies: bending, punching, welding, and painting as well as building complex cable harnesses. The locations of Siemens Sykatec in Sibiu and Erlangen act as one team and both benefit from the parent group Siemens. Various central services and career programs ensure high quality standards and employee satisfaction.
Reporting to the Plant Manager in Sibiu, you will lead the Production and Maintenance activities within Siemens Sykatec.
We offer you a dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone to grow.
You will be responsible for:
• Responsible for the Production (Cables, Metal, Welding, Painting) and Maintenance departments
• Act as Plant GM Deputy and work cross functionally across other departments when he is missing
• High commercial mindset and sensitivity to fluctuations from customer orders or sales volumes, always pro-active to load the factory appropriately
• Strong focus on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Inventory
• Leading, planning, organizing, and running day-to-day production operations to achieve profitability targets and exceed our customers' expectations
• Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
• Plan and implement needed investments to improve productivity and provide production capacity consistent with sales volume objectives and support manufacturing strategy
• Increasing our competitive advantage by constantly planning and implementing productivity measures to reach the plant's budget in terms of productivity and profitability targets
• Process optimizations, procedures, and instruction updates in alignment with the Quality & Technical departments
• Develop new leaders, and increase employee competency level
• Align and have a strong collaboration with colleagues from Germany HQ
• Act as an entrepreneur - reflected in your actions and your daily contact with our customers
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Bachelor or master's degree, typically within Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
• +7 years of experience as Operations Manager in industrial/automotive/manufacturing environment, leading +400 employees working in 3 and 4 shifts
• Experience with Low Volume - High-Mix serial production
• Strong process mindset with Lean manufacturing experience
• Experience with CNC machines, automation, metal manufacturing, welding, and painting processes would be an advantage
• Result and solution-oriented with inter-personal skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Team player with strong decision-making, and people management skills
• To be accountable, ability to create accountability and to lead by example
• Collaborating well with key functions like Finance, Purchasing, Logistics, Quality, and other functions from Germany
• Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
• Prepare and participate actively during audits and customer visits
• Good command of the English language, German would be an advantage
• Knowledge of MS Office; SAP is an advantage
Siemens Sykatec, str. Barcelona FN, Sibiu Romania, 550018
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SIMEA SIBIU S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time