SiemensIndustry - Digital Factory: The Motion Control business unit has a Metals IndustryManager Engineer position available, focusing on Metals variable speed drive(VSD) Applications. The focus will bemetals reprocessing excluding metal forming. For the initial six (6) months several product and solution trainingsessions will be based in Atlanta. Long-term placement will be based on business needs, but most likelyclose to a large metropolitan location such as Chicago or Denver forexample.
The MetalsIndustry Manager will report to GMC Vertical Industries Business Developmentteam. The team is dispersed throughoutthe USA but headquartered in Atlanta. Asuccessful candidate will need to operate independently but leverage theSiemens organization to engage opportunities.
The focus will beon recycling, reprocessing, and smaller mini-mills.
• Assist customers with VSD products andsolutions for Metals applications, by evaluating the customer's requirements,and optimizing the solution.
• Leverage the Application Center (APC)to technically support customers using VSD products and solutions for Metals applications.
• Providedemonstrations of Siemens Drives and Motion products and solutions
• Assistancewith sizing and selecting products
• Assistwith conversion strategies and investments
• Developan annual business plan for testing equipment, evaluating the market, accountstrategies, and providing feedback to Product Management regarding new productdevelopment.
• Generates technical collateral such asapplication notes and examples for reuse by others.
• Must have strong written and communication skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills,Education, and Experience
• BS/BAin related field, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combinationof Education and experience.
• Certificationmay be required in some areas.
• Strongtechnical knowledge of Drives and Motion Control equipment
• Candidatemust be highly driven and self-motivated
• Knowledgeof, or participation in AIST (https://www.aist.org/home/) is an advantage.
• Requiresstrong capabilities in the areas of business results orientation; customerorientation and collaboration & influencing.
• Appliesprofessional communication, presentation, networking and lobbying skills at alllevels up to executive level
• Consistenttrack record of developing new business opportunities in a teaming environment.
• Candidatepreferred to have 8+ years of previous experience selling technical productsand solutions. 5+ years of prior experience is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized foremployment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employersponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the UnitedStates.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a validDriver's license in good standing
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownershipculture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company'ssuccess. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve ourprocesses and customers' experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401Kplan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individualswith disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in thejob application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and toreceive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us torequest accommodation.
$105,000 to $143,000
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.