Looking for a new challenge where you can leave your mark? Then this is the opportunity for you.
Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds across energy systems, buildings and industries, enhancing the way people live and work and significantly improving efficiency and sustainability. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that both intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers achieve their business goals. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Smart Infrastructure IT is enabling digitalization in the business units by providing modern cloud applications, advanced analytics and AI, and supporting IT services. Our IT team works in 21 countries across the world and live an agile mindset. We are known for our passion for innovation, customer-centric solutions and a can-do attitude.
We are looking for a talented candidate to drive excellence in the operations and the performance of our IT Partner organization and the ecosystem of IT providers in the US. You will have a constant focus on opportunities to improve the way we work internally as well as our engagement with our stakeholders in the organization. This role focuses on maximizing the value of our IT investments and leveraging the substantial skills and talents across our organization. This person constantly seeks out ways to be more efficient, create value for our SI US businesses, and reduce the redundancies in our efforts.
What you will be doing:
• You will be a key component to driving continuous improvement activities across our IT Partner organization
• You will refine and support the coordination and communication of our IT investment portfolio for stakeholders, focusing on transparency of our IT investment and value
• You will seek out opportunities to optimize our internal processes and drive change
• You will proactively research best practices for processes and tools from our global organization and connect with our Headquarter organization regularly
• You will coordinate cross-organizational initiatives and programs for the US IT partner organization (major IT projects as well as governance and compliance initiatives)
• You will identify new opportunities to drive collaboration and sharing across our IT partner teams and IT provider ecosystem
• You will partner with our ecosystem of IT service providers to drive better utilization of our existing IT services - maximizing the value derived from those investments
• You will support the US IT Partners with cross-organizational needs, programs, and ideas, as appropriate
What you will bring:
• Bachelor's degree; or commiserate professional experience
• You will have a track record of leading initiatives, projects, or programs
• You will have a background or understanding of IT partnership and service delivery models
• You will have an eagerness to learn, and an appetite for problem solving
• You will have strong skills in developing and managing relationships across many teams and organizations
• You will bring attention to detail and follow-through that builds trust and respect amongst your peers
• You will have a knack for seeing opportunities to do things better and willingness and drive to push the organization to try
• You will have the skills to communicate with executive level stakeholders as well as collaborate with your peers in the IT Partner organization and our ecosystem of IT service providers
• Fluency in English is key - additional languages are a plus
Key ingredients for success...
• Thrives in leading and driving activities with minimal oversight (you don't like to be "micro-managed")
• Ability to adapt quickly to new demands and changing priorities
• Ability to absorb feedback, ideas, and critiques and turn that into valuable input for change
• An iterative approach to problem solving and willingness to try new things (which includes failing sometimes!)
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.