Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Process inbound and out bund freight bills to ensure timely processing times and also schedule transportation routes for customer orders entering the US thru Mexico.Functions:
- Enters deliveries into SAP.
- Enters shipments times and dates in Sales Force.
- Coordinates shipments with counter part in Mexico to insure lowest cost.
- Works with C/A's and PM's on shipments to customers.
- Approves, classifies and resolves freight invoices at third party freight Payment Company.
- Maintains Siemens internal cost center listing and updates changes.
- Coordinates shipments with carriers.
- Coordinates shipments for demo units from and to third party locations.
- Coordinates Return Material Authorization shipments from Customer Service with customers.
- Coordinates truck load shipments to and from Wendell.
- Coordinates shipments with Warehouse in Laredo.
- Enters and coordinates shipments in the Siemens TMS (Transportation Management System).
- Manage shipments with carriers.
- Approves spot quotes from truck load carriers if necessary.
- Select Siemens preferred carriers based on lowest cost and service required.
- Insures signed BOL's and POD's are received from carriers and entered into SFDC for invoicing.
- Maintains Logistics work sheets and forms on the MS Logistics Wiki Page.
- Maintains carrier performance reports monthly.
- Some travel required when needed
- College preferred but not required.
- High School graduate required.
- 5 to 10 years experience in transportation field necessary.
- 5 years minimum SAP experience.
- Sales Force experience preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of the transportation business LTL, Truck Load, Parcel, Expedited, Ocean and air.
- General knowledge of the export/import process within Siemens.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more. About Smart Infrastructure - Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today's and tomorrow's power grid!
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Siemens Industry, Inc.Experience Level:
Mid-level ProfessionalFull / Part time:
Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us